Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat71 View Post
    Looks like someone used a pipe wrench on the nuts of your charger. RR
    yeah, that qualified for the WTF look from me too.

as far as the lifespan, it's a clutch, you know how those work. but a clear interference problem. I think the nut is hitting something in the engine. I'd pull the oil filter to check for metal mud

I hope we hear back on this one, as it will be interesting to see what a dealer is going to do about it. ten hours?..wow.

+1
    His problem is with the wheel rubbing the housing, not with the nut. As far as Sea Doo's excuse for not supplying rebuild kits for the 300 SC's, "
    entire rotating assembly is balanced together" is a crock. The new X-charger's come "balanced" but they still sell rebuild kits for them. Just another way for Sea Doo to make money and lighten the customers wallet IMO.

Yes my point exactly...something went horribly wrong at 10hrs. I am planning to pull the motor and see what caused this internally. It could be just a bad batch or these maintenance free stock SC are not safe too rev at steady 9000 making 17psi..don't think it's a slip issue because rpms were solid...I believe I was able to prevent seadoo self destruction by stopping my motor on time but won't really know until I pull my motor.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat71 View Post
    Looks like someone used a pipe wrench on the nuts of your charger. RR
    I noticed that too.

+1
    Jerry,
    You mentioned using the holding tool while testing the slip. Do you normally pull the SC to make the 200 hour slip test? The shop manual mentions an on engine procedure as well. Is one recommended over the other?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by voliva View Post
    Yes my point exactly...something went horribly wrong at 10hrs. I am planning to pull the motor and see what caused this internally. It could be just a bad batch or these maintenance free stock SC are not safe too rev at steady 9000 making 17psi..don't think it's a slip issue because rpms were solid...I believe I was able to prevent seadoo self destruction by stopping my motor on time but won't really know until I pull my motor.
    I'm spinning 9k at 23lbs, its plenty safe. Bearings will last about 40hrs, before you have to replace em and you can buy the clutches to rebuild em.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    Jerry, quick question. I just winterized a 2011 Speedster200 for a customer of mine, twin 255's. Boat has 102 hours, chargers feel tight, 78in lbs slip on each. He wants to leave it til next winter, what do you think?
    If they have never been rebuilt then I would absolutely rebuild them. You run high risk of a bearing failure.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Bilford View Post
    Jerry,
    You mentioned using the holding tool while testing the slip. Do you normally pull the SC to make the 200 hour slip test? The shop manual mentions an on engine procedure as well. Is one recommended over the other?
    I've always pulled the supercharger to check and set slip. You have to pull it anyway to tighten the slip on it.

Sea Doo Gear Holding Tool for Sea Doo 300 Supercharger

Used to hold the supercharger gear while checking clutch slip on the Sea Doo 300 HP supercharger
    539036364 $38.89

What's the cost of a new 300 sc? I'm looking at upgrading from my 06 rxp and rxt but not sure if it would be smarter to looking for a 260 instead since its rebuildable still

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    Jerry, quick question. I just winterized a 2011 Speedster200 for a customer of mine, twin 255's. Boat has 102 hours, chargers feel tight, 78in lbs slip on each. He wants to leave it til next winter, what do you think?

remind him that the bearing have been sitting in oil of various quality for a long time, and that's the plastic bearing cages are the number one reason there is a two year maintenance cycle on the bearings. Its a foolish economy considering what it takes to pull the engines from a seadoo boat. I'd bet he loses one in the next 20 hours if he doesn't go ahead with it. It's winter, you can throw a small discount to him to get him to agree.

When I show a customer the repair bill for a ski where the bearings failed, it's typically a pretty quick sell, on a boat, it should be a no-brainer really

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information