Help - SeaDoo winterization

Evening all:

We're leaving town tomorrow and won't be able to get out 2008 GTX 215SC winterized for a couple more weeks. We have it in the garage but I'm concerned how to get the water out of the intercooler as we have several below-freezing days forecast. If I start the engine and rev it up for 5-10 seconds, will that blow out most of the water from the intercooler and waterways so that freezing weather won't harm the ski?

Thanks,

It has to be blown out with compressed air

Thanks. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a compressor or shop vac here.

Quote Originally Posted by sktn77a View Post
    Evening all:

We're leaving town tomorrow and won't be able to get out 2008 GTX 215SC winterized for a couple more weeks. We have it in the garage but I'm concerned how to get the water out of the intercooler as we have several below-freezing days forecast. If I start the engine and rev it up for 5-10 seconds, will that blow out most of the water from the intercooler and waterways so that freezing weather won't harm the ski?

Thanks,
    Go buy some antifreeze and use a short garden hose and pour it in the flush port while it's running. We winter our skis this way. No air compressor needed. Takes 2 to 3 gallons a ski. Wait till it comes out dark pink to stop pouring.

+1
    While using compressed air or antifreeze will protect the water pathways in the IC, neither will remove any condensation sitting in the IC body. It is possible, but unlikely that if the condensation freezes, that damage would occur. However the service manual does warn about this water.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Bilford View Post
    While using compressed air or antifreeze will protect the water pathways in the IC, neither will remove any condensation sitting in the IC body. It is possible, but unlikely that if the condensation freezes, that damage would occur. However the service manual does warn about this water.
    Our skis sit in a pole barn outside all winter. We had a 2 day stretch of -55 degrees. No damage or issues. Been doing just antifreeze for years now.

Thread Information