Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel6252 View Post
    BTW, I've read that sponsons and a ride plate will make this thing a lot more stable in the water. Is it really that twitchy in rougher waters?
    I've had mine since new and it has the stock sponsons and ride plate. The secret is to hold on tight!

Did you try new spark plugs??

Yes she can be very twitchy in rough water with stock set up.

Instead of putting a camera in the fuel tank why not have a look at the fuel filter. Most likely if you have a clog its there

+1
    I've never had trouble with my inspection camera working in gasoline. That said, the filter inside the Ultra 150 won't clog up and block fuel flow. It warps and gas simply flows around it. It's a really idiotic design. Oh, yea, the whole thing warps, then the gauge sticks, too!

Here's some pictures of the jugs guys. Let me know what you think.

Cylinder 1:

Cylinder 2:

Cylinder 3:

Looks like fairly normal carbon build up to me. I would do what turboman said and check the fuel filter. Maybe it is something as simple as it is starving for fuel.

+1
    Those are some pretty clear pics. Were those taken with the inspection camera recommended by nmpeter?

We really wanna see the cylinder walls, its good to see the piston wash that looks but We need to know if theres any scoring. If not i would run with a fuel issue, maybe back the ski in water on trailer and run it, put it through its paces. I have had fuel filters give me exactly what you describe.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    if the filter isn't mesh style/oem ditch it. paper filters will kill these motors

Quote Originally Posted by FL_Rider View Post
    Those are some pretty clear pics. Were those taken with the inspection camera recommended by nmpeter?
    Yea, they were taken with the one I got recently. Not the one nmpeter recommended. It's a DEPSTECH 5MP. This one had pretty good reviews and was in my price range. It seems like a good buy with the image quality. Refresh rate is kinda bad, but definitely useable, you can take video, but very jumpy.

I tried to get some pics of the walls, but the tip of the scope is around 2". It was a little difficult to get the walls with the pistons that high. Actually, I just remembered, there is a 90 degree head that came with it, I'll look at them tonight and snap a couple pics.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information