Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    Well, I'll do one better ... I'll link the DRriders forum post I contributed to several years ago:
    https://drriders.com/koso-db-03r-spe...ew-t16337.html
    It is a Koso DB-03R gauge/clocks unit. Commonly an "upgrade" for Honda Grom owners ... but this one has a more generic wiring harness.
    Truth be told ... one could "adapt" this Koso to a Polaris, yet the only real challenge would be to adapt the speed input. Me? I would likely leverage an arduino with GPS shield to convert (with a simple software algo) known gps speed into the pulses this Koso expects.
    Koso tech support is pretty decent, I'm sure they could give you the info you need to make it work.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mockingee View Post
    ... I only have experience with my Genesis ... the other functions the MFD is responsible for. Things like total rev limiter, reverse rev limiter and SLOW function?
    Those modes are provided by the CDI or Ficht EMM.

In a few cases the MFD or perhaps MFI display did trigger RPM limiting modes, for perhaps low fuel or low oil. One would have to look back at the specific model/year features to identify them. Even in those cases, ignoring the trigger condition may not cause any real trouble.

For the most part the OEM Polaris dash units just visually display the provided inputs. It does not send signals out. *

* The Genesis/Virage security mode lock feature is an example of the display affecting something else. Start solenoid interlock in this case.

+1
    Hmm, my ignorance is showing once again. I thought that was done in the MFD.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/ELING-Multi-F...3055217&sr=8-3

I rather like it. Need to find a legible PDF download for the instructions.

Too bad the buttons are on the back side of the mounted unit
    And the electrical connection pins are not a sealed connector type.
    When I get back from Egypt Im going to pick one of those eling gauges up and see how well i can get it to work. It looks like if you look at the documentation it has the ohms 10-184 for the oil pressure gauge but it also has the setting 240-33ohms as an available setting. Im hoping that the oil level sender works the same as the fuel sender as far as ohm range. (can anyone verify this?) IF it does than the oil pressure gauge would read as an oil level. Then its for the temp setting it has 291.4-22.4ohms and 301-23ohms. Now What im not sure about for the temp sensor if its just a overheat switch meaning when it gets to a temperature it just sends a signal to the mfd to flash hot or if it would read a different ohm range. that sensor would also need to be verified.

I found this one too not alot of documentation but its cool looking lol
    https://www.ebay.com/i/383079009438?...caAka4EALw_wcB

+1
    Polaris Temp switch is exactly that, on or off.

I wonder if I could change it to one that reads temp or would it throw the ecu off

+1
    Nothing that uses a MFD uses an ECU.
    The temp switch simply sends a signal when hot. The ski does not rely on the switch for anything under normal conditions.

Well there is a trigger that puts the ski in limp mode in the electric box is what I meant .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information