Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yea I mean some silicone and it seems like once you set it up it’s the same I believe as the pic I posted before. You can set it to read at 0-190omhs ans 240-33 and 240-30. I think once it’s all set up you wouldn’t need to access the buttons on the back. Unless you want to change the color lol. There is quite a few of these up there some have the instructions in the pics just need to look. I checked ellings website and couldn’t even find this model sooo... who knows

If only it was a little smaller.. I asked my buddy who knows a lot of about the Arduinos and he said one board could do fuel gauge, oil ,and temp. But doing the rpm would be tricking unless you used another one because it would over lead the system ? I don’t know anything about it but they make a lot of really cool displays

MakerFocus I2C OLED Display Module 1.5inch OLED Module 128x128 Pixel SSD1327 with SPI/I2C Interface DC 3.3V / 5V, 16-bit Grey Level and Internal Controller for Arduino/Raspberry/Jetson Nano/STM32 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079N1LLG8..._8mZWDbBWWCZ0Y

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Checkout koso, I am playing around with one of their gauges now, seems reasonably well made.

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by whatnissan View Post
    . . . .

So what im asking is anyone down to try to make a universal open source gauge for these skis?
    This reminds me of the ol' "Ferengi" (a Star Trek Next Gen reference) " ... aaarg ... there's no profit in this ... "
    Look, not being a Debbie Downer here, but having 5 separate successful Arduino-based projects under my belt. . . . one would think offering/selling them to others be easy/logical. Truth is . . . it's dang time-consuming and $$ !

Example :
    8-ish years ago, I built one of the very first Arduino Sunrise/Sunset LED lighting controllers for my reef tank (still in-service today). I was constantly asked, "could you make me one - I'll pay" on the reef forums. Well, DIY home shade-tree guy such as myself can only really prototype things, and that's pain-staking, and not cheap $$. To get just PCBs custom fab'ed, you'd need like a 500 unit minimum for anyone to even tool-up. I have a wife a life and a real job, and I'd realistically have to charge way more per unit than worth it for me and the consumer. And that there is the rub.

My Arduino project-resume to-date:
    - Automated Reef Light controller.
    - Bait well pump controller - very flexible, many options for on/off timer delays and repeat cycles.
    - Driveway announcer - uses ultrasonic sensors to detect objects
    - Vacuum pump controller - sourced automotive analog MAP sensors to help regulate a vac chamber for resin degassing.
    - RPM counter - Latest project. "in-progress". All I need to do now is prototype a waterproof housing for it, and tweak on the signal detection circuit for the Waverunner ECU pin.

All of these are hella-cool, and I'm proud of my ingenuity, software skills, and creatively working within a constrained/limited platform . . . but would I re-make more for someone else. Very very very likely not. Sorry, been there did that, got the shirt, once and I'm done.

Back to your gauges idea. Yeah, totally totally do'able (for my own personal use). Feasible for a community - don't think so. But hey - will there is a way.
    In fact, I almost made one for my DR650 bike - that is until I found the Koso (universal) gauge. Great quality - looks OEM. Costed $300 !! But hey, it sure saved me tackling that 6th Arduino project !!!

5. +1 by:

Care to link the Koso one your referring too? And if it would be done and a write up done with downloadable software it would be useful to the community.. sorry you have too much to do you can’t help

+1
    I run a koso afr/boost guage setup on my ski, cant kill it no matter how wet I get the guage

+1
    This is all really cool and interesting. Before I say more let me point out that I only have experience with my Genesis so my question might be a stupid one. Perhaps things are different on other skis but here it is. What about the other functions the MFD is responsible for. Things like total rev limiter, reverse rev limiter and SLOW function?

+1
    Well, I'll do one better ... I'll link the DRriders forum post I contributed to several years ago:
    https://drriders.com/koso-db-03r-spe...ew-t16337.html
    It is a Koso DB-03R gauge/clocks unit. Commonly an "upgrade" for Honda Grom owners ... but this one has a more generic wiring harness.
    Truth be told ... one could "adapt" this Koso to a Polaris, yet the only real challenge would be to adapt the speed input. Me? I would likely leverage an arduino with GPS shield to convert (with a simple software algo) known gps speed into the pulses this Koso expects.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    The one I am messing with is here: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=283069

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingee View Post
    This is all really cool and interesting. Before I say more let me point out that I only have experience with my Genesis so my question might be a stupid one. Perhaps things are different on other skis but here it is. What about the other functions the MFD is responsible for. Things like total rev limiter, reverse rev limiter and SLOW function?

My slt780 doesn’t have really any of those functions. There is a limp mode for temp it’s the tan wire. But I think the gauge from what I read in the manual has nothing to do with limp mode or things like that . I think that eling gauge is perfect for me as it has everything I need in one nothing extra. Fuel level , oil level , temp not sure if the stock temp sensor will send an actual temp signal or if it’s just a hot switch . Then you also have rpm and gps speed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information