Daughter's TRIXX loss of power and vibrating

Long story short, my daughter's TRIXX was acting funny, more vibration than normal and only going about 45 not 53 @ WFO. She thought it was running out of gas. We pushed in onto the trailer (it had finally stalled) and when I filled it to put the fuel preservative in for the Winter, it only took 7.2 gallons and I stuffed it right to the top. This had me worried so when I ran it, on the trailer, to get the fuel preservative through the system, I decided to run it near the ramp for a bit. It wouldn't even hit 40 then it was down to 33 and vibrating. We have an appt. with the dealer and there isn't any damage to the prop. I looked. Any thoughts?

quybb3,

Have you checked the plastic wear ring to see if its broken or split in the pump?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by guybb3 View Post
    Long story short, my daughter's TRIXX was acting funny, more vibration than normal and only going about 45 not 53 @ WFO. She thought it was running out of gas. We pushed in onto the trailer (it had finally stalled) and when I filled it to put the fuel preservative in for the Winter, it only took 7.2 gallons and I stuffed it right to the top. This had me worried so when I ran it, on the trailer, to get the fuel preservative through the system, I decided to run it near the ramp for a bit. It wouldn't even hit 40 then it was down to 33 and vibrating. We have an appt. with the dealer and there isn't any damage to the prop. I looked. Any thoughts?

+1
    Spark plugs?

The wear ring looked fine from the shaft end. It's going to the dealer next week as its still under warranty. I will definitely let everyone know what's up when I find out.

I saw a mess of leaves/pine needles in my daughter's TRIXX jet pump. The shaft side looked clean, the exhaust side when I hit the throttle and the reverse gate lifted up, not so much. That would explain her performance problems on the last ride.

The dealer didn't find anything except the leaves, pine needles, and yes, a couple of twigs. So I think we are all set until Spring. Thanks for all your suggestions and help, Guys.

Thread Information