Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    One thing about back testing things is you have to be certain to keep the variables exactly the same especially weather conditions.On the SHO advancing the stock intake cam 5 degrees and retarding the exhaust 2 degrees if done correctly is a minimum of 150 rpms.If you run a compression gauge on the ski before and after just those changes you will see a minimum of a 20 psi increase in each hole.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FXSlowKroozer View Post
    One thing about back testing things is you have to be certain to keep the variables exactly the same especially weather conditions.On the SHO advancing the stock intake cam 5 degrees and retarding the exhaust 2 degrees if done correctly is a minimum of 150 rpms.If you run a compression gauge on the ski before and after just those changes you will see a minimum of a 20 psi increase in each hole.
    Thanks for the info Kroozer. From your testing, have you found that you must retard the exhaust cam to gain top end performance? I find it interesting per the instructions I have from R&D that they only suggest advancing the intake cam to gain power throughout the RPM range whereas Riva suggests this will only affect the bottom end. I'll try and post a screenshot of the R&D instructions I have for the '13 and up gears shortly.

+1
    R&D suggested settings. A bit odd when you compare their recommendations to Riva's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Suggested settings.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	170.5 KB 
ID:	456043   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Settings.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	184.3 KB 
ID:	456044  

The R&D and Riva gears are not the same you have to follow the instructions closely for each because they move the cam around completely different.Also what works for the SHO wont be the exact same for the SVHO so the same goes there.For me on the SHO with stock cams the intake 5 degrees is what has always given the rpms.Retarding the exhaust or advancing the intake even more just seems to move the power around so you get a little more acceleration but nothing in terms of speed.

+1
    Thanks Kroozer. Appreciate the help!

6. +1 by:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information