Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    pm sent
    Thank you!!!!

Excellent topic!

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane1000 View Post
    ... SVHO motor?

If so....I have a very simple modification that works great!

Dave
    Would it be possible to post it here?
    Last edited by K447; 11-02-2019 at 09:07 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    OWould it be possible to post it here?
    To K447,
    It is a little long of a story, I am following though on this thread, as soon as all my research on this is completed. I have some e-mails that are out waiting for replies to. We will share it with all to read, nooo Secret Squirrel stuff going on.... Lol Lol I I ... just remembered Rocky and Bullwinkle, those were the days.....

Take Care my Fellow Comrades
    C J
    Last edited by cjk6119; 11-03-2019 at 06:04 PM. Reason: spelling

+1
    Hello everyone today I got the answer to the adjustable Cam Sprocket and it looks that on the new SVHO engine that the cam sprocket size has changed. My e-mail and their e-mail follows;

Dear Riva Tech Support,
    Thinking of buying an adjustable cam sprockets.
    When installing adjustable cam sprockets, what does RIVA Racing have for SVHO tuning recommendations for a 2018 fx svho 19 psi compressor wheel. 8700 limiter, 1000cc inj, fuel regulator at static 60 psi, Dean’s level 6 tune, 13/20

Respectfully,
    C J

To C J,
    It is a discontinued part. Those sprockets fit 2013 SHO and some early 2014 skis. But Yamaha changed the camshafts after that so they did not fit newer units. We discontinued them when we ran out of stock. We never made any adjustable sprockets to fit the newer SVHO cams

Regards
    Riva Tech Support

+1
    I just looked on Dean`s Racing Team site and it looks like he sells one for a SVHO 1.8 . I will e-mail him on this.

C J

am i missing something? adjustable sprocket availability was never an issue you just need to know which cam gear size you have based on year ski you have. if you cant identify that you probably shouldn't be adjusting cam timing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mwhc View Post
    am i missing something? adjustable sprocket availability was never an issue you just need to which cam know gear size you have based on year ski you have. if you cant identify that you probably shouldn't be adjusting cam timing.
    To Mr. mwhc you need to work on your comprehension and reading skills, please read Riva`s reply asking what settings should be used, then tell me if " you probably shouldn`t be adjusting cam timing' read the part were Riva Racing discontinued them. Riva never made any adjustable sprockets to fit the newer SVHO cams. The "knowing the cam gear size" will do very little for me if, they don`t make the part. So yes Mr. mwhc , you are missing something.

Ps Mr. mwhc. in your future posts, try to use a capitals at the beginning of your sentences and stay away from fragmented sentences.
    Last edited by cjk6119; 11-06-2019 at 06:40 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    ...... My e-mail and their e-mail follows;

Dear Riva Tech Support,
    Thinking of buying an adjustable cam sprockets.
    When installing adjustable cam sprockets, what does RIVA Racing have for SVHO tuning recommendations for a 2018 fx svho 19 psi compressor wheel. 8700 limiter, 1000cc inj, fuel regulator at static 60 psi, Dean’s level 6 tune, 13/20

Respectfully,
    C J

To C J,
    It is a discontinued part. Those sprockets fit 2013 SHO and some early 2014 skis. But Yamaha changed the camshafts after that so they did not fit newer units. We discontinued them when we ran out of stock. We never made any adjustable sprockets to fit the newer SVHO cams

Regards
    Riva Tech Support

You might find it informational to bounce this email (specifically the years of when parts shifted) off a thread I did a few years back. Not saying it's wrong, just that folks memory get fuzzy (me included). Anyway, I "part mapped" both the sprockets and cams fiche history from 2008-2017. Interesting trends visualized. Cool to see how many parts were shared - including the early sprocket were from MR1s.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=264874

... and please go easy here on the community ... context is often lost and posts are often not as contentious as they may seem. And welcome to the cell-phone age - hence run-ons, punctuation, and my pet-peeve freakin' auto-correct! Disable it folks!
    Last edited by TimeBandit; 11-06-2019 at 07:12 AM. Reason: link added

11. +1 by:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information