Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2007 seadoo wake edition (no start) please help,lol!

Hello everyone, this is my first post. Thanks in advance for your help. Just purchased used 07 seadoo wake. The story I received is that the ski was out this summer. Prior to this it was sitting outside covered from previous year. After 15 minutes of riding the ski shut off. Motor turns over but no crank. Previous owner replaced battery,starter solenoid, voltage regulator. Iíve replaced battery, wires to starter relay due to corrosion,small fuse relay main fuse panel. I was getting one long beep followed by 3 beeps. I am currently getting two beeps when dess is first placed then it goes back to 3 beeps.. what am I missing?? I am in the process of pulling the starter I know itís getting power but possibly sounds like itís not fully engaging. A fresh insight would be helpful as I feel I am missing something

Should also add the instrument cluster is not working currently and I have removed from ski. Would this keep it from starting?

+1
    I sure hope you didn't pay a lot for it.. Sounds like its going to cost you a LOT of $$$$ to get it started, never mind running..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbr View Post
    Should also add the instrument cluster is not working currently and I have removed from ski. Would this keep it from starting?
    Do you have spark? Do you have fuel pressure? Pretty sure on the 06+ skis (whenever they went to digital dash) the ski won't start without the cluster plugged in and married to ecu.

+1
    You say it turns over, does it sound different than before?
    Was it the cluster working for the 15 min it was running?

If it sounds totally different when trying to start, you may have lost the flywheel or the timing chain.
    Don't bother pulling the starter, it does not come out with the bendix, it either works or it doesn't, nothing you can fix by pulling a spinning starter.

Remove the valve cover (easier than starter) and see if the rockers are moving when you try to start, if not, is the chain intact?

Brendanam- I have not check these and will also check this today and follow up. Thanks for your reply.

When it first cranks I can hear what sounds like it want to start. Then its just spinning. Thanks Splish Splash for problem solving feedback. I will try this today and see what I come up with.
    As far as tide rider goes. I am looking for help not your two cents on something you clearly don’t know about.

+1
    Sounds like you have a weak or bad battery. Check with a volt meter then crank it and watch the voltage drop. If it drops below 10.5v the battery is causing at least part of the problem.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbr View Post
    Brendanam- As far as tide rider goes. I am looking for help not your two cents on something you clearly don’t know about.
    $$$$

I have a 1996 XP that would beep twice then give me 4 beeps and the red light overheat would light up and engine would not turn over. I tried new DESS post, checked all fuses, and cleaned all connections. I had disconnected the VTS motor, but not the wire harness that went to the front MPEM box. Well, I disconnected the main harness from the VTS to the MPEM and now cranks every attempt. I had no power at my gas gauge and replaced it and it functions now also.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    post video of what happens, from installing the key to key to pressing the starter button.

put the console back in. if the ecu doesn't see it at all, it will beep like a mad dog, confusing the issue. one step at a time.

+ 1 on pulling the valve cover, just to assure that the timing chain hasn't let go..doesn't take all that much to pull it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information