GPR High Speed T Handles hitting carb body?

Has anyone had the problem of the high speed t handle hitting the carb body when you install it? I'm now thinking I never had them adjusted right because they weren't turned all the way in before I started counting turns out. I was probably rich as hell at WOT.

Ski is a 2000 GP1200R.

I don't remember where I bought them. I think Atlantic jet sports.

+1
    Don't have a prob w mine, is it possible that you have high and low speed screws backwards - highs in low, lows in high locations? Not sure that's possible?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg426690 View Post
    Don't have a prob w mine, is it possible that you have high and low speed screws backwards - highs in low, lows in high locations? Not sure that's possible?
    Thought of that. Pulled a low speed t handle out and it's shorter. So if I swapped them, the problem would be even worse.

That said, there is no guarantee the t handles I was sent are correct.

I set them next to the original screws and they *appear* to match.

+1
    Cut a little of the T handles off.

You cant reach then any way.

Quote Originally Posted by water worx View Post
    Cut a little of the T handles off.

You cant reach then any way.
    Should I just put the factory adjusters back in and use a screwdriver to adjust?

Sorry to dredge up this thread.Guys, see attached photo (this is from OSB's jetting thread). See how his t-handles stick out of the carb body quite a bit? Mine don't. In the process of trying to bottom the screws out (so you can count "turns out"), they hit the bolt hole. Just look at the photo an imagine continuing to screw them in. In a few more turns, the "arm" of the t-handle is going to hit that bolt hole boss.Is it possible I got the wrong ones? Can someone measure them?I checked the parts diagram and the springs for the high and low adjusters are the same so those can't be messed up.For now I am using the stock adjusters but I sense I am going to be doing quite a bit of tuning and the t-handles would make it a lot easier (especially on the lows).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carb 055.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	462272  

+1
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you probably pushed the original ones in when you drilled them out. It happens. If you have done that, the bodies are junk. I would check and verify with the original screws. They should lightly but "firmly" seat with a definite firm feel, and they do not hit the body when fully seated.

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean_29512 View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you probably pushed the original ones in when you drilled them out. It happens. If you have done that, the bodies are junk. I would check and verify with the original screws. They should lightly but "firmly" seat with a definite firm feel, and they do not hit the body when fully seated.
    I have spoken with JetWorks and have made arrangements to send the high- and low-speed t-handles back for him to check them out (and replace, if needed). They are shipping out today so I should have an answer by the end of the week.In the meantime, there was a pretty good deal on a set of GP1200R carbs on eBay that I jumped on. There's already t-handles installed in the highs and lows (so I can't f*ck that up again) and the chokes and accel pump have all been removed. Sounds like the guy was following OSB's recipe so I wouldn't be surprised if it has 125 mains and 110 pilot jets in it, lol.He said they are off a freshwater ski and they appear to be in pretty good shape. Not bad for $100 shipped.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LipschitzWrath View Post
    I have spoken with JetWorks and have made arrangements to send the high- and low-speed t-handles back for him to check them out (and replace, if needed). They are shipping out today so I should have an answer by the end of the week.In the meantime, there was a pretty good deal on a set of GP1200R carbs on eBay that I jumped on. There's already t-handles installed in the highs and lows (so I can't f*ck that up again) and the chokes and accel pump have all been removed. Sounds like the guy was following OSB's recipe so I wouldn't be surprised if it has 125 mains and 110 pilot jets in it, lol.He said they are off a freshwater ski and they appear to be in pretty good shape. Not bad for $100 shipped.
    $100 shipped is a great price for them especially if they already have T handles.

Thread Information