Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

New to me 2008 rxp modified. Questions known issues im trying to wrap my head around

Hello everyone a few weeks ago I picked me up at 2008 RXP to go along with my 2004 RXP. It's had a lot of upgrades I believe it has an X charger with an ETA137 wheel it has different handlebars through hull exhaust aftermarket waterbox it looks like... this and that and the other. Couple of things though: the trim was working it just doesn't innitiate now. Doesn't go up or down or respond at all. Its trading 2 clicks from all the way up on the display. Checked fuse at least I think I checked the right one and its good. The previous owner said it was working... Next, this speedo is all wacky it only goes up to like 30 when I'm doing over 70 and it's all over the place bouncing around... what can cause this? Lastly because it has aftermarket handlebars which I believe are off of the X model ski I'm not sure did this model have a mode button or? I'm not getting a temperature readout for engine or exhaust I'm getting like an ambient temperature readout on the right side of the display on the opposite side under the rpm gauge, nothing. There is some sensor on the front of the motor on the top next to where you pour oil in that is left unplugged and I can't find a plug for it in the engine Bay. Obviously the ski has been modified it runs like a champ it's running right at 8250 rpm and pulling 72 to 73 easily and it still has the OEM intake manifold intercooler which I will be replacing with my fizzle external intercooler soon. Its got the Solas impeller all of that already. Just a few things I would like to iron out the for next summer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LRM_EXPORT_16666321058417_20191026_172644396.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	455547   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LRM_EXPORT_16668823533468_20191026_172646898.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	455546   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LRM_EXPORT_16670101779978_20191026_172648177.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	162.1 KB 
ID:	455545   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LRM_EXPORT_16671492177374_20191026_172649567.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	455544  

+1
    ET 137 SC wheel it has and it looks like its a larger supercharger body like the x charger. It has the green injectors to go along with it (42lb?).. anyway I was up on the lake when I originally posted the thread. Trim never did work the display would eventually beep loud when trying to move it up unsure if related. Also the speedometer never did settle down. No display for the engine temp is that supposed to be under the RPM gauge? Im not used to not having a mode button to cycle through

Quote Originally Posted by jcc011185 View Post
    Hello everyone a few weeks ago I picked me up at 2008 RXP to go along with my 2004 RXP. It's had a lot of upgrades I believe it has an X charger with an ETA137 wheel it has different handlebars through hull exhaust aftermarket waterbox it looks like... this and that and the other. Couple of things though: the trim was working it just doesn't innitiate now. Doesn't go up or down or respond at all. Its trading 2 clicks from all the way up on the display. Checked fuse at least I think I checked the right one and its good. The previous owner said it was working... Next, this speedo is all wacky it only goes up to like 30 when I'm doing over 70 and it's all over the place bouncing around... what can cause this? Lastly because it has aftermarket handlebars which I believe are off of the X model ski I'm not sure did this model have a mode button or? I'm not getting a temperature readout for engine or exhaust I'm getting like an ambient temperature readout on the right side of the display on the opposite side under the rpm gauge, nothing. There is some sensor on the front of the motor on the top next to where you pour oil in that is left unplugged and I can't find a plug for it in the engine Bay. Obviously the ski has been modified it runs like a champ it's running right at 8250 rpm and pulling 72 to 73 easily and it still has the OEM intake manifold intercooler which I will be replacing with my fizzle external intercooler soon. Its got the Solas impeller all of that already. Just a few things I would like to iron out the for next summer.

+1
    Another qualm I have... it has the 4" intake in the front, with the kanaflex tubing. On my other I have the riva 4" rear intake... is one better than the other? My goal is to move the modified bits that are better over to one to have one best one and then one slightly less best lol. I know this one is getting the fizzle external IC.

+1
    I had a similar experience I bought a ski that had a bunch of mods....So the ski has some kind of a tune as you are over the limiter..I think an external IC will help That is my next mod...BTW how is your Hydro Turf BSD working ? I am going to order one myself..

+1
    BTW The extra air intakes in cowling under the seat really help ...I have very little heat fade

+1
    So what would cause the speedo to be all over the place
    The trim not to work
    And there to be no engine/exhaust temp readout on the display
    Also, whats the sensor on the front of the engine up top thats not plugged in nor can I seem to locate a plug for?

+1
    Post a pic of the sensor? Speedo could be a faulty paddle wheel. Trim is a common problem, the modules go bad, or first check that's its not disabled. CanDoo pro will tell you.

Product Image Item Name- Model Price
    Limited Sea Doo and Can Am ATV Home System

1 Year System Maintenance Included (Limited to 4 Vin Numbers) CanDoo Professional is a diagnostic tool developed for SeaDoo Jet Ski's and SkiDoo...
    Home System $399.00

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ncdoo View Post
    Post a pic of the sensor? Speedo could be a faulty paddle wheel. Trim is a common problem, the modules go bad, or first check that's its not disabled. CanDoo pro will tell you.
    The previous owner said it had been working recently and he didnt disable it. Is the wheel an easy swap? Pic of sensor attached.

Name:	20191028_124943.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	455586  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jcc011185 View Post
    The previous owner said it had been working recently and he didnt disable it. Is the wheel an easy swap? Pic of sensor attached.
    That's the TOPS valve which was not used on 2008 skis. So apparently the owner installed a front oil pump from an older model ski hence the reason it has the TOPS valve on it. You won't have anywhere to connect it on the 2008 harness.

The Speedo paddle wheel sensor is crap. Disconnect it and install this CandooPro GPS module for super accurate speeds on your dash.

GPS Module for 2007 & Newer Sea Doo watercraft - 3 wire sensor

GPS Module for Sea Doo watercraft with lake temp sensor (3-wire sender used on 2007 and newer, except models with GPS cluster)
    9516 $124.00

Make sure VTS is activated on your ski. You can do this by bringing it to the dealer, or by using the CandooPro home diagnostic system.

Hope that helps!
    Jerry

+1
    How do I get the code greenhulk to work. I tried and was ready to buy the gps module but it wasnt working. Also know of any place to get the oem decals at a good price?

Hmm wonder why anyone would use the older front oil pump housing?

If the previous owner said the trim was working, could it disable itself? Because no one did it intentionally.

Is there no mode button on this model? It has some funky aftermarket handlebars... im used to a mode button to cycle through engine/exhaust temp etc on my 04. Is there a readout somewhere for the engine or exhaust temp because im not seeing it on this cluster at all only what appears to be either an ambient air temp or water temp just under the speedo and a black section with nothing displayed under the rpm gauge. I attached a pic of what I see for reference.

Name:	20191028_174539.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	455601  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information