Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

My riding impression of the new 2020 Sea Doo GTI and GTR skis

I had the privilege of being invited by Sea Doo to fly out to Lake Travis Texas and ride their new 2020 GTI and GTR skis.
    It always amazes me at how much better Sea Doo makes their skis with every introduction of a new ground up ski.

I was truly impressed at how well these new from the ground up skis handled and how comfortable they were. Sea Doo really pulled out all the stops in giving these new skis Ergolock seating. I'm a big guy, 6'1" and 250 lbs and I find I fit like a glove and can lock myself in for super hard high speed turns and feel confident that I'm not going to fall off and go for an unintentional swim

Sea Doo hit a home run giving this new GTI and GTR platform LinQ attachment points. They also have all kinds of new accessories such as watertight bags, cargo boxes, and of course coolers and a fuel caddy. I really love that they made LinQ available on these models. I love having the convenience of LinQ on my own RXT-X 300.

My absolute favorite feature is Sea Doo has now made their sound system optionally available on the new GTI and GTR platforms. Guys, if you buy one of these skis without the sound system then shame on you I absolutely LOVE having the sound system on my RXT-X 300 and the GTI's and GTR's I rode had it also. It completely enhances the riding experience. Connecting with bluetooth is a breeze and the sound is amazing. One thing I want to note, if you are anchored out and listening to your tunes, don't worry about the sound system draining the battery. It will turn off automatically before the battery gets too low to start your ski.

Sea Doo stepped it up for 2020 and have now implemented the new ACE motors into these new watercraft.
    The GTI90 gets the Rotax 900 ACE
    The GTI 130 gets the Rotax 1630 ACE
    The GTR 230 gets a Supercharged version of the Rotax 1630 ACE
    The WAKE 230 also gets a Supercharged version of the Rotax 1630 ACE

While not part of my review here, It's worth noting that the new 2020 FISH PRO gets a 170 HP 1630 ACE engine.
    The only difference between the GTI's 130 HP and the FISH PRO's 170 HP is the tune on the ECU. So you guys opting to go with a GTI 130 and want to upgrade to 170 HP within minutes will be able to do so with the MaptunerX tuning bundle package sold right "HERE" in the forums online store

Sea Doo has also updated it's IBR on these models which is more responsive. I absolutely love IBR. It's so intuitive and makes maneuvering around obstacles (other skis) and docks a breeze.

These skis now come with a new 4.5" digital gauge. While a bit simple looking, It's interactive, intuitive and best of all, clearly visible in bright sunlight.

These new skis are also 30-40 lbs lighter than the 2019's they replace. How'd they do that? With a new Gen2 Polytech hull. I know what your thinking guys.... plastic hull... blah! Well, I'm here to tell you that these are some of the best handling skis that I've ever ridden from Sea Doo. Seriously! They handle absolutely fantastic. I could lock myself into the Ergolock and crank the bars all the way at full throttle and the skis just lean in and carve precisely through the turns. VERY confidence inspiring. What surprised me most was how well these hulls smashed through choppy water. NO pounding whatsoever. They just slice right through and give a very comfortable ride. Absolutely no bow hunt going through chop. Very precise "point and shoot" handling. Not even a hint of the hull flexing, no "plasticky noises" when slicing through chop. You'd never know that this hull was made from plastic. To sum it up, I am VERY impressed with these new from the ground up skis. Sea Doo definitely hit a home run with these and I give them a thumbs up

These new generation Polytech hulls have stringers to strengthen them, plus they are thicker.... 1/2" thick to be precise. That said, they are VERY strong and durable.

The best thing about Polytech is that it's durable and easily repairable. If you scratch a traditional hull you are looking at an expensive repair to the gelcoat, or to re paint. Simple scratches in Polytech are easilly buffed out. If you hit something hard enough to actually crack the hull, it's easily welded using Sea Doo's official method as shown in the video below.
    If the hull is damaged to the point it can't be repaired, then Sea Doo offers replacement hulls at less than $2000 and that includes labor to swap your engine, top deck and everything else over to the new hull

Enjoy some pics from my trip below:

+1
    Recreation Segment
    Starting at $8,999*
    Click to EXPLORE BUILD

+1
    Performance Segment
    Starting at $12,399*
    Click to EXPLORE BUILD

4. +1 by:

+1
    Tow Sports Segment
    Starting at $12,199*
    Click to EXPLORE BUILD

+1
    Rec Lite Segment
    Starting at $5,499*
    Click to EXPLORE BUILD

+1
    Touring Segment
    Starting at $12,999*
    Click to EXPLORE BUILD

+1
    Sport Fishing Segment
    Starting at $14,999*
    Click to EXPLORE BUILD

+1
    View all Factory Sea Doo accessories here: https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...x&cPath=18_337

+1
    Thanks as always

11. +1 by:

Thanks, Jerry. That repair operation is similar to a new vinyl weld process for certain heavy flooring products.

13. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information