2016 Spark Oil Over Filled

Hey all,

First time here. Got a question for anyone willing to listen. I have a 2016 Seadoo Spark (2up) and the oil was over filled. (cold filled, oil level was in between the the Min and Max Line). It was ran a little bit and started sounding funky so we idled it back to the dock and took it out. Checked the oil level again and it was a quite a bit over the Max line. What should i look in to replacing? I read on some other forums that the spark plugs and air filter would need to be changed, but looking in to the air filter i can't find anything. What should i look in to to fix? Thanks!

+1
    Extraction pump, pull excess out of motor and you should be fine.

should i worry about the spark plugs or any other components? or did they fix that problem after the 2014 model?

+1
    You should drain the oil with a suction pump and refill according to the correct procedure to be sure of the amount. As the ACE engine is a dry sump construction you should always check oil level with the engine at operating temperature, 30 seconds after it has been turned off. You could try to just drain oil until the level is correct but I would double check the level again after a short test ride.

Plugs should be fine and there is no air filter in a Spark, just an empty air box. Take it for a gentle test ride when you are done and check that everything seems fine before you start pushing it.

I have attached the section describing the oil change procedure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Periodic Maintenance Procedures.pdf  

Quote Originally Posted by RXP-SWE View Post
    You should drain the oil with a suction pump and refill according to the correct procedure to be sure of the amount. As the ACE engine is a dry sump construction you should always check oil level with the engine at operating temperature, 30 seconds after it has been turned off. You could try to just drain oil until the level is correct but I would double check the level again after a short test ride.

Plugs should be fine and there is no air filter in a Spark, just an empty air box. Take it for a gentle test ride when you are done and check that everything seems fine before you start pushing it.

I have attached the section describing the oil change procedure.

Thanks! I'll give it a go and see what happens.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mini_niz View Post
    Good luck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mini_niz View Post
    I went through this same thing once albeit, not with a jet ski - and in case it helps any other newcomers who see this post in the future - what I do now when I change oil in any 4-stroke is measure pretty precisely just how much oil I extracted and then put exactly that amount - plus a reasonable estimation of how much was in any oil filter I removed - back in. That and making a note of where the oil was on the dipstick and confirming that regularly has helped me avoid another “overfill” incident ...

best o’ sucess!

8. +1 by:

Thread Information