Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Which model year GP1800 did you start with?

The stock GP1800 supercharger wheel used in 2017 is different from the more recent version, correct?

+1
    Can you explain the cam mod a little? I saw the welded plugs but are the cam gears machined for a different degree?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ksalles View Post
    We had some a mild front pass through, so I figured I'd go make a quick test after work to see if the math of it all worked out the way I figured it to. It's funny how numbers relative to weather, hp, and performance relate. I figured I could spin over 9500 today being the relative HP was 3.7% higher than when I spun 9180. In theory, as noted, I should have spun around 9520RPM. It actually spun 9590RPM and cavitated a touch more on launch, which I knew it would in good air. As much as I don't want to chase speed, I really wanted to see where the twin would be at higher rpm. Today showed me IF I wanted to chase more speed, I would possibly install a single prop, shim a cut and machined ride plate, and play with nozzles along with a Lucky 13 cone...which I'm sure I'll use to dial in the launch characteristics next time out. I really am amazed at how this stock supercharger wheel, Dean's Team tune, Riva Racing bolt on parts, SVHO performs so far. Keith
    Damn son thatís rolling 4Sho, If Bruce rides your ski Keith he may sell all of his skis for a Yami. Great job

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Which model year GP1800 did you start with?

The stock GP1800 supercharger wheel used in 2017 is different from the more recent version, correct?
    I started with the 2017 as my base ski. The front housing is a 2 piece that needs to be pinned, which I did. It also came with a 2 piece shaft that many weld and hold up fine, I went with the latest Riva shaft kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Saum700p View Post
    Can you explain the cam mod a little? I saw the welded plugs but are the cam gears machined for a different degree?
    I installed the older style NA cams and had to machine the latest style cam sprockets to accept the cams. The hub sizes and bolt spacing are different. When doing so, I slotted the sprockets in ease of re assembly and rotating the cam shafts for when timing them. The welded cam plugs are done as a precaution to stop them from blowing out at high rpm, which they've been known to do in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by 4-keeps View Post
    Damn son that’s rolling 4Sho, If Bruce rides your ski Keith he may sell all of his skis for a Yami. Great job
    LOL...you know he bleeds SeaDoo. I would be curious to see his response if he rode it though.

5. +1 by:

+1
    I installed the older style NA cams and had to machine the latest style cam sprockets to accept the cams...
    Older style NA cams - what engine version would those be from?

+1
    By "older style", I'm referring to the first generation 1.8 NA camshafts. I had posted this regarding cam gears generations, there are 3 of them. "They had a few different generations of the cams, resulting in 3 different style gears...ranging from different cam "hub" diameters, sprocket area width relative to the chain being run, and bolt spacing on the gear. Newer cams have the smaller "hubs" and wider gear, previous generation has the smaller hub but was made for the smaller cam chain, but has the same hub and bolt spacing as the current cam gears with the larger chain, and the first generation with the larger "hub" and small chain."

Older style NA cams - what engine version would those be from?

+1
    Flawless build. Keep the updates coming!

+1
    ... first generation 1.8 NA camshafts. ... regarding cam gears generations, ... Newer cams have the smaller "hubs" and wider gear ...
    So you are using the wide chain compatible cam gear, and have machined the gear hub larger to fit onto the first gen 1.8 NA camshaft, correct?

+1
    Yes...You have to relocate the bolt holes also, so i slotted them for ease of installation and timing.

So you are using the wide chain compatible cam gear, and have machined the gear hub larger to fit onto the first gen 1.8 NA camshaft, correct?

+1
    Thank you Scott.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Flawless build. Keep the updates coming!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190809_102913.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	455426   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190809_102844.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	455427  

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information