+1

axle length magnum single trailer

Does anyone happen to have a magnum single trailer and know the length of the axle? Mine is still at the dealer so I cant measure it until i pick it up next weekend.

I have a 2018 trailer and 2019 SVHO but when towing the handlebars vibrate like..well use your imagination. I took it to the dealer I bought it from and they saw the shaking and replaced the tires. They said it was better but not gone so they sent it magnum who states everything the axle, springs, hubs, frame ect are fine but also put new tires/rims on it. These are the dinky 12 in tires and rims by the way.

It still shakes. The dealer said they looked at the steering components of the ski just in case something wasn't right but said everything was as it should be. The ski itself does not move on the trailer just the handlebars.

So talking with a buddy he swears up and down its the axle of the trailer. So I am looking for replacements and the magnum site is beyond useless. Yes i could strap the handlebars down with bungee cords but I should not have to with everything being new.

The shaking drives me up the fucking wall to be honest and after dropping as much cash as I did I expect it to not shake.

+1
    Apparently the road/tire/spring combination is causing a vibration at the natural frequency of the handlebars.

Try a different tire pressure, or radial tires. If you can move the axle, try sliding it back on the frame a few inches. Try moving the Waverunner forward on the trailer a few inches.

Look for a broken weld or loose mounting bracket on the trailer frame.

Bungee cords aren't bad.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Not sure what you buddy is saying it is the axle. What is his diagnosis of this. How does he know it is the axle. Having built trailer axles from scratch I would like to hear what he has to say.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Apparently the road/tire/spring combination is causing a vibration at the natural frequency of the handlebars.

Try a different tire pressure, or radial tires. If you can move the axle, try sliding it back on the frame a few inches. Try moving the Waverunner forward on the trailer a few inches.

Look for a broken weld or loose mounting bracket on the trailer frame.

Bungee cords aren't bad.

The dealer did move the ski forward a few inches but i dont think they did anything with the axle.

Magnum went through the trailer and said everything is fine. Once i get it back i was going to rotate the axle since its a square tube figure it cant hurt. Not sure if i have any wiggle room to move it back.

I want to say the tire pressure is at 60 psi but but will have to wait til i get it back to confirm. It shouldnt be to squishy at 52-55 psi i don't t think.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TJS0712F View Post
    Not sure what you buddy is saying it is the axle. What is his diagnosis of this. How does he know it is the axle. Having built trailer axles from scratch I would like to hear what he has to say.
    I think what he is thinking since everything else have been checked and 2 new sets of tires on it the only thing left is the axle.

Every pwc trailer ive had has been magnum excpet for my icatch with my gtr and never experienced anything like this.

If you have any ideas of what to check or adjust im all ears but it will be anoother week or so before its bsck home.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post
    I think what he is thinking since everything else have been checked and 2 new sets of tires on it the only thing left is the axle.

The trailer frame itself, and the position of the hull on the trailer, can affect vibration resonance. That is why it was suggested to shift the hull forward on the trailer, and/or shift the axle under the frame.

I had a double Triton trailer that would resonate vertically at certain highway speeds, but only when towed empty. Swapped to different tires, even had a new set of tires balanced. Still shook when empty. Eventually changed to a different diameter wheel and tire, problem instantly went away.

+1
    I would have just asked the dealer to swap it out for a different trailer.

If the problem goes away...it was something on the trailer. Problem for you is solved.

It the problem remains, keep troubleshooting.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    The trailer frame itself, and the position of the hull on the trailer, can affect vibration resonance. That is why it was suggested to shift the hull forward on the trailer, and/or shift the axle under the frame.

I had a double Triton trailer that would resonate vertically at certain highway speeds, but only when towed empty. Swapped to different tires, even had a new set of tires balanced. Still shook when empty. Eventually changed to a different diameter wheel and tire, problem instantly went away.
    i am looking at putting 13 inch rims/tires on it but ive got to move the axle to under the leaf springs to gain enough clearance.

Thread Information