I know...Lol Monumental Question...

I already have owned an Ultra 150 Flat bottom 08 Model and for its size I loved it unstable when sitting still I mean I can stick my arm out sideways and she will tip..
    I hit around 63-67 depending on weather...

I just purchased two more These are brand new a 310 Ultra LX and a new Ultra LX
    I opted for 2019 Models because I save around 2000 a ski and they are still brand new never ridden skis...

So my really Dumb question is...
    I am a bit disappointed to hear they have rev limiters and all when an old Ultra 250 was hitting around 80 mph. and now they say they are limited at 72 but most say 67 is max speed...
    I would have figured that a Supercharged 310 producing 16.8 or 9 boost would surely be capable of hitting speeds nearing 100

so short of spending 100,000 and getting sponsored by Kawasaki directly what are my options to increase top end speed and for about how much money...?
    I have seen stage 1 kit for 2000 gs and The dealer stated I could chip program it ...

So just so I make wise choices and I am into jeeps and Trans Ams, and my old Ultra 150 I came to ask the experts...

I live in Florida and enjoy rivers from the bays along with the Bays... However I prefer sending it up vertical jumping waves and Hauling ass in open salt water...

I dont get to ride every weekend or even every month, when I ride I ride almost every day for six weeks then park it a while...

What would you suggest to at least be one of the fastest on the water from a gen public stand point based on what and how I ride...

Thanks I know I also run boards for jeeps and old stuff we dont speak about openly now...

I would like to make mine approach speeds above 80 eventually ...

Ok Gurus what say You...

I also would like to add I spotted that 1st gen kit at 2gs and found when it said 3-4 mph Im thinking thats not much for a 2g kit... is that a typo or something...

I would also like to ask another question...

When I am on Glass on the 150 model I am able to send the rear out like a dirt track racer since its flat bottomsed with the 310 act more like that or is it now like a wave jammer and gonna dig in so hard ill go flying off instead of sliding it...?
    Last edited by MarkWhite; 10-19-2019 at 03:02 PM.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Wow, lots to digest there.

First, an ultra 250 never went 80 unless it was running a vortech supercharger or a big turbo, 9.5:1 or 10.5:1 pistons with big cams and race fuel. Even then, 78-79 was about all it went in closed course trim.

The 300 and 310 have a speed limiter on them but its easilly removed and will get you up around 73 or so up from 67 stock.

Realistically on a non built motor you will see 75 maybe a little more.

To run 100 on a ski you need a hell of a motor, a perfect hull setup, and mirror smooth water. At 100mph if you get tossed you can break your neck, arms, back, collar bones, and much worse.

I would start by doing some reading before just jumping in head first, I think you have some misconceptions about ski performance and it would do you a lot of good to get your head wrapped around how the mods alter the skis performance.

On the water, most gains are in the 1/2 mph scale if you are lucky. Run a scom, and some handling mods and be happy with it.

Sean

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    If you want 80, trade it in on a Yamaha GP1800 and spend about 2k on go fast stuff, 80 on an Ultra will cost about as much as the ski itself or more and ... The 250s were never 80 mph skis... I threw a bunch of money at one when they first came out... 72 mph was the best I got, 2 motors one super charger and a pump and I was done... They are what they are ... Be happy with 70 mph and hold on because they are very good in the rough and turn like they are on rails...

I would re think the 100 mph idea. A few years back, Nicolas Rius (an exceptionally talented Pro Jet Ski Racer) got tossed of a VXR that was going about 95 mph. He was pretty sore after that!

At those kind of speeds, Chit can happen: the Pump gets water stuffed, intake grate / ride plate comes off . . . Be safe! JB

+1
    OK, I'm confused. What is a 'flat bottom Ultra 150'? And since 2005 was the last year for the 150, are you asking about the 250?

+1
    Just put a SCOM on it and enjoy as It's the best rough water PWC you can get.. If you are dead set on only speed and don't care about rough water then do what Aquaholic said and buy the Yamaha.

Thread Information