Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2018 Sea Doo RXT-X 300 View Post
    2018 RXT-X 300 - 75 hours - noticed 3" crack on cross frame 3-4" to starboard from forward engine mount. Cant find any info on BRP about warranty. Will go see dealer but sharing online here to see if another else have this issue.

I have encountered a similar issue. I have a 2018 Rxt-X with 82 HRS. One day i got the ski on the trailer and the pulled the plugs. Ski drained for nearly 5 minutes. Pulled seats and saw water up to the battery. Brought it to the dealer insisting it was the standard sinkadoo Carbon Seal failure. They insisted it was not, did a water test on it and the seal didn't fail. However, with a camera in the engine they noticed once up to 40 mph water was coming in from ride plate area. The issue ended up being a crack around the rear of the ski. i can state for a fact i have never crashed the ski.

I am heading to the dealer today to have a look on the crack and will post pictures. But i guess i will be joining the line of folks here with a similar 'hull cracking' issue . Fawk BRP

+1
    So when you prep a mold if you don't use enough releasing compound the hull will stick in the mold and the only way to remove it is was force. Lots of force since there is also a good deal of suction. bada bing bada boom cracked hull

+1
    How about the acrylic finish on the outside in that area, is it cracked?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadknotz View Post
    I have encountered a similar issue. I have a 2018 Rxt-X with 82 HRS. One day i got the ski on the trailer and the pulled the plugs. Ski drained for nearly 5 minutes. Pulled seats and saw water up to the battery. Brought it to the dealer insisting it was the standard sinkadoo Carbon Seal failure. They insisted it was not, did a water test on it and the seal didn't fail. However, with a camera in the engine they noticed once up to 40 mph water was coming in from ride plate area. The issue ended up being a crack around the rear of the ski. i can state for a fact i have never crashed the ski.

I am heading to the dealer today to have a look on the crack and will post pictures. But i guess i will be joining the line of folks here with a similar 'hull cracking' issue . Fawk BRP
    Any luck on those pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post

Any luck on those pics?
    **Minor Update**

BRP has offered "in good Faith" to make the repairs to the crack.
    They surely spent a long time with the dealer requesting multiple pictures to ensure that the craft had not been in an accident of any sort.
    Honestly speaking, I have yet to see the cracks as I am being told it was around the ride plate. I am truly traumatized by the whole thing as was fearful it couldn't have been fixed. Therefore i didnt go for pics.
    I am just a little pissed that I have missed 4 months of the summer , but then again if "should" be fixed. Anyhoo its being sorted. thank god.

i am heading to the dealer as i need to and want to take pictures for myself. I was truly waiting on a response from BRP to see where to take this ( Litigation or not).
    I promise to share the images as I want future owners to be wary of this defect in BRP's materials/composites.
    Last edited by K447; 10-16-2019 at 02:49 PM.

I own a 2018 RXT X that has a defect located within the Jet Pump area of the hull.
    The issue was recognized after a short 20 min ride, while being put on the trailer the hull was filled with water. As per usual Sea Doo diagnosis, the Carbon Seal was thought to be the issue.
    The dealer took the ski out for a test with a camera within the engine bay, it was noted that water could be seen entering the hull from around the rear of the ski. Pulling the pump housing revealed the crack.

I did my best to capture (take a pic) the crack but due to the location , this was the best i could get. Note that i have never beached this craft nor been in any sort of an impact. I am the only person to ever ride this ski. ONLY PERSON! I am a 55 year old that has had his fair share of shoulder surgeries, so recklessness isn't my thing.
    As noted within this thread, this defect is commonplace for the early generation ST3 hulls from 2018. What best i am hearing is, its a failure of the composite used to make the hull.

I must say i am truly disappointed in the first Water Craft purchase, essentially a life long dream to own a PWC and this is the result. I essentially own a $18k USD scrap.

Seadoo has responded to have a "Repair Shop" conduct repairs. But i am doubtful that this "fiberglass" fix will solve the problem. The structural integrity of this area has been compromised. And i believe a fix will only be a band-aid solution to the problem. This area on a PWC encounters high stress due to the velocity of water coming into the jet pump assembly, and if it is already failing. I doubt that a "patch" will solve the problem. It will only show its head again and SeaDoo has provided documentation to say they are only fixing this once.

I am now seeking the advice from the internet Gurus within this forum. Will a fix to this crack offer a permanent solution/peace of mind? Should i sell it immediately and run for the hills.
    I am sorry to sound so pessimistic but i am truly distraught of this entire process. I bought what i believed to be the best "all rounder" craft on the market , to bond with my child and introduce them to my childhood hobby. I have to credit BRP for covering the repair costs. But i am doubtful of the fix. Greenhulk family, your insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20191018-WA0007[1].jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	455121   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20191018-WA0006[1].jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	455122  

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    This watercraft was purchased used, from the dealer, correct?

How many running hours on it since new?

What kinds of water would you be riding? Ocean/salt, rivers, fresh water?
    I own a 2018 RXT X that has a defect located within the Jet Pump area of the hull.

The issue was recognized after a short 20 min ride, while being put on the trailer the hull was filled with water.

... first Water Craft purchase

The ski was purchased new from the dealer,
    This ski has only seen Lake water in GA.

82 HRS currently on machine.

I have seen you comment on allot of issues presented on this site. how do you feel about repairs in this area?
    Last edited by Dreadknotz; 10-18-2019 at 08:14 PM.

Seadoo RXT X Jet Pump Defect

The issue was recognized after a short 20 min ride, while being put on the trailer the hull was filled with water. As per usual Sea Doo diagnosis, the Carbon Seal was thought to be the issue.
    The dealer took the ski out for a test with a camera within the engine bay, it was noted that water could be seen entering the hull from around the rear of the ski. Pulling the pump housing revealed the crack.

I did my best to capture (take a pic) the crack but due to the location , this was the best i could get. Note that i have never beached this craft nor been in any sort of an impact. I am the only person to ever ride this ski. ONLY PERSON! I am a 55 year old that has had his fair share of shoulder surgeries, so recklessness isn't my thing.
    As noted within this thread, this defect is commonplace for the early generation ST3 hulls from 2018. What best i am hearing is, its a failure of the composite used to make the hull.

I must say i am truly disappointed in the first Water Craft purchase, essentially a life long dream to own a PWC and this is the result. I essentially own a $18k USD scrap.

Seadoo has responded to have a "Repair Shop" conduct repairs. But i am doubtful that this "fiberglass" fix will solve the problem. The structural integrity of this area has been compromised. And i believe a fix will only be a band-aid solution to the problem. This area on a PWC encounters high stress due to the velocity of water coming into the jet pump assembly, and if it is already failing. I doubt that a "patch" will solve the problem. It will only show its head again and SeaDoo has provided documentation to say they are only fixing this once.

I am now seeking the advice from the internet Gurus within this forum. Will a fix to this crack offer a permanent solution/peace of mind? Should i sell it immediately and run for the hills.
    I am sorry to sound so pessimistic but i am truly distraught of this entire process. I bought what i believed to be the best "all rounder" craft on the market , to bond with my child and introduce them to my childhood hobby. I have to credit BRP for covering the repair costs. But i am doubtful of the fix. Greenhulk family, your insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Click this bar to view the full image.
    Click this bar to view the full image.

Attached Thumbnails

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    ... repairs in this area?
    I am not familiar with the specifics for repairing cracked CM-Tech hull material, nor in that area of the hull.

That does seem to be an unusual area to crack.

How is this hull stored between rides? Trailered every time, ‘drive-on’ watercraft dock, hull lift system?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information