Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Superflylover View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    There are only a few things you can do now:

3). If you reach an impasse, contact your State's Attorney General's Office Customer Protection Division and inquire what your state consumer rights are in this case.

4). Hire an attorney. This is not an easy route and BRP is betting you won't do it, few people do. But when all else fails, this is your last recourse. Chances are decent than a good attorney can come up with a solution for you if BRP is in clear violation of the terms of the warranty.

I totally agree with number three, however in my experience that does also require quite a bit of follow up. Florida has never been quick to respond and it often requires multiple follow-ups to an initial complaint.

#4) I hate class action lawsuits, but that would definitely get their attention and it seems that there are enough people to meet the requirement of a class. Ultimately the attorneys make all the money, however maybe the threat of a class suit would put some seriousness behind the issue for them to respond more aggressively with better resolution. Good news is there is always an ambulance chaser available.

I am not an attorney but I play one on TV
    Few ambulance chasers will go up against a team of corporate attorneys. For a successful class-action suit, it would take a team equally effective attorneys. BRP has all of this figured into their equation on how to handle warranty issues. They've been in business for a long time, sell a lot of products, and have been through many legal battles.

Customers are not likely to win in court, even a successful class action suit rarely provides any real justice to those affected. Again, the best thing any single customer can do is to see if their state has any consumer protection laws to help them. Even large corporations fear the power of a state government and laws which protect consumers.

What will get BRP's attention is simply not buying their products, or alternatively, enough bad publicity to affect their sales. Sales and profit are always the bottom line.
    Last edited by pro10is; 01-30-2020 at 08:34 AM.

+1
    Brp’s customer service are some of the worst I’ve ever had to deal with. They don’t care about the people buying there product one bit. They will use anything they can so the blame of the product failure doesn’t fall on them.

I lost all of last season over a pump tunnel crack, was lied to by brp numerous times threw phone calls and emails and as a result I had to lose thousands of dollars to buy another ski with the same issue after two times of use. That ski has been sitting at the dealer going on six months now outside!

this is becoming a wide spread problem and I have pictures of many other skis that have cracked. When you spend this kind of money on a brand new product and this kinda $hit happens with no support from the manufacturer it’s disgusting.

Id like to revive this thread and throw in my situation. 2018 RXPX yellow. Noticed a crack in the back near the boarding area in November 2019. Contacted local dealer (NW FL), they said they could not furnish the repair. With help from BRP found a dealer in Alabama that was willing to do the repair. Took the ski there in Jan I got i back 3 months later in April. After 2hrs on the hull the crack opened up again. Brought the ski back a week later (mind you this is a 100 mile drive one way).

The dealer actually finds more cracks now too in tunnel area. Sends BRP pics. Now three weeks later I receive a short email from BRP saying they will not fix the cracks under warranty.

Would appreciate any advise in the matter as how to proceed. GM at the dealership is supposed to see what he can do. Obviously the lawsuit route is my last option. I contacted my insurance agent and was told that its clearly a manufacturer defect so a claim could not be filed.

+1
    Sounds like the best option is sink the ski if you find cracks in the hull to me. Ride the ski until the cracks allow water intrusion.

Quote Originally Posted by ucf_motorcycle View Post
    Id like to revive this thread and throw in my situation. 2018 RXPX yellow. Noticed a crack in the back near the boarding area in November 2019. Contacted local dealer (NW FL), they said they could not furnish the repair. With help from BRP found a dealer in Alabama that was willing to do the repair. Took the ski there in Jan I got i back 3 months later in April. After 2hrs on the hull the crack opened up again. Brought the ski back a week later (mind you this is a 100 mile drive one way).

The dealer actually finds more cracks now too in tunnel area. Sends BRP pics. Now three weeks later I receive a short email from BRP saying they will not fix the cracks under warranty.

Would appreciate any advise in the matter as how to proceed. GM at the dealership is supposed to see what he can do. Obviously the lawsuit route is my last option. I contacted my insurance agent and was told that its clearly a manufacturer defect so a claim could not be filed.
    This played out exactly as I predicted if you read my earlier posts in this thread. Hull cracks, BRP does one repair which can take months, repair does not last, BRP refuses any further repairs or solutions. Right out of their play book. The exact same thing happened to me.

As I stated earlier, seek help from your state's Attorney General's Office, Consumer Protection Division. Call them up and discuss with them what your options are. Short of hiring a private lawyer and suing BRP, this is your only recourse at this point.
    Last edited by pro10is; 07-15-2020 at 05:23 PM.

+1
    Agreed, I also had problems with a 2019 with cracks in the colour layer all the way down both sides of the deck.

BRP weren't really interested in doing much but the dealer I went through here is OZ was outstanding! I would never go anywhere else to purchase a ski. Right from day 1 they were extremely accommodating and nothing is ever too hard for them!
    If you can get a good dealer to go into battle for you, you may get the result you are after.
    This played out exactly as I predicted if you read my earlier posts in this thread. Hull cracks, BRP does one repair which can takes months, repair does not last, BRP refuses any further repairs or solutions. Right out of their play book. The exact same thing happened to me.

As I stated earlier, seek help from your state's Attorney General's Office, Consumer Protection Division. Call them up and discuss with them what your options are. Short of hiring a private lawyer and suing BRP, this is your only recourse at this point.

This played out exactly as I predicted if you read my earlier posts in this thread. Hull cracks, BRP does one repair which can takes months, repair does not last, BRP refuses any further repairs or solutions. Right out of their play book. The exact same thing happened to me.

Thank you yes I read the entire thread and that is why I posted my situation, I feel that there are at least a few of us in this forum that are getting a screw job from BRP regarding these hull cracks and it isn't right. I am curious what your outcome was? Did you get help from the Consumer Protection Division as you suggested?

Quote Originally Posted by RXTX-RS View Post
    Agreed, I also had problems with a 2019 with cracks in the colour layer all the way down both sides of the deck.

BRP weren't really interested in doing much but the dealer I went through here is OZ was outstanding! I would never go anywhere else to purchase a ski. Right from day 1 they were extremely accommodating and nothing is ever too hard for them!
    If you can get a good dealer to go into battle for you, you may get the result you are after.
    I am trying to get the dealer to help but they were unsure what they could do. What was your eventual outcome?

Thank you yes I read the entire thread and that is why I posted my situation, I feel that there are at least a few of us in this forum that are getting a screw job from BRP regarding these hull cracks and it isn't right. I am curious what your outcome was? Did you get help from the Consumer Protection Division as you suggested?
    My problem occurred back in 2010. This was before I knew enough to contact the Attorney General's office. Instead, I sold the boat at a loss to someone who wanted a bargain and didn't care about the cosmetic defects. I was just glad to be rid of it.

If it were to happen to me again now, I would immediately contact my state's AG. I've been suggesting this to everyone who posted here and had this problem. Soon after, these people were not heard from again here. This suggests that they came to some kind of agreement with BRP which included a gag clause where they weren't allowed to publicly discuss the settlement. This should offer some hope because they must have liked the settlement enough to agree with it.

10. +1 by:

+1
    I am trying to get the dealer to help but they were unsure what they could do. What was your eventual outcome?
    My ski ended up getting replaced by the dealer and they continued the fight with BRP.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread Information