Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    wave15stx ,

Do you mind sharing images of your RXT pump Tunnel cracking experiences here. We would greatly appreciate this.

Quote Originally Posted by RXTX-RS View Post
    Some are hard to see but if you enlarge them you will see smaller cracks.
    These go from the nose to about half way down the top deck just above the rubbing strip.Attachment 457239Attachment 457240Attachment 457241Attachment 457242Attachment 457243Attachment 457244
    Thank you very much for sharing the defects. I hate to have to say this, but please inspect your Pump tunnel as well as the hull for similar defects.

3. +1 by:

I should have a response from BRP within the next few days i am being told. The "case is under review".

**UPDATE**

After repairs were conducted to fix the initial crack in the pump housing area. While in the possession of the dealer additional cracks became visible. I posted multiple pictures of these cracks on ( Page 4)
    BRP was contacted and eventually requested that a case be reopened and the Dealer - Mountain Motorsports in Conyers , GA , to reinspect the craft and give a report.

The " Technician" has conducted his review and completed a report, claiming that the defects ( Images attached for reference below , See page 4 for more ) are only "COSMETIC" and will pose to issue in the future.

( These are the images of the "Cosmetic only " defects that happened while the craft was in the dealers possession after initial repairs)

(This is the initial crack that caused the craft to take on water and sink )

Here is my standpoint , I am in no way placing blame on the Dealership for causing these cracks, it is obvious based on the history of failed hulls on this forum that BRP had a bad run on hull composite /materials for the ST3 1st generation chassis. We want BRP to do what is right here!! is that too much to ask?
    My issue is that the dealer is being very deceptive with claiming that the new cracks stemmed from "repairs to the Gel coat and are only cosmetic".

How the F*** can these be cosmetic. Mountain Motorsports you already recognized that the pump housing had a structural failure!! You repaired it yourself and now you claim that just these new cracks "look bad but to the eye but structurally it is sound" ( exact words used by the technician). The technician had the audacity to stand there and claim this crap to my wife. I am beyond speechless now. It appears the Dealer is in bed with the BRP brand and is doing their dirty work by not taking accountability for this.

I am now awaiting on BRP to review this report and respond to me. I will base my actions on their response. I am geared and have the time/$$ to take this on. Let us see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200104_162043.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	457738   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200104_161702.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	457739   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20191018-WA0007[1].jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	457740  

Cracks, whether structural, cosmetic, or both, are still defects. None of us buy a boat and expect the finish to be covered in cracks when it is still under warranty. If the cracks were your fault, say due to a collision, that would be a reason to deny a claim, but any cracks, structural or cosmetic, which are the fault of the manufacturer or dealer, are unacceptable when a boat is under warranty and should be fully covered.

To state the cracks will cause no issues is both irrelevant and incorrect. They are already causing an issue, they will make your boat very difficult or impossible to sell at a fair price and thus have severely devalued it. This is a major issue. To state otherwise and expect you to be placated is ridiculous and merely an attempt to get out of warranty repairs.

Both the dealer and BRP know that the only real remedy is to replace the hull. This would cost BRP more money then they're willing to pay for a warranty repair so they're going to do whatever they can to get out of it. They know they're responsible, and that by the terms of the warranty they owe you a new hull or a new boat, but they're not willing to pay for it and will hold off in hopes that you'll just give up and go away. This actually works for them in many cases.

There are only a few things you can do now:

1). Keep fighting with the dealer and BRP for an acceptable resolution. In my case, BRP offered to repair the cracks I had. However this did not turn out well for me, and I would not recommend it. BRP may offer some sort of compensation such as parts, services, extended warranty, or even money. You may or may not find this acceptable based upon what they offer. Always keep in mind the monetary loss you will experience when trying to sell the boat as to what fair compensation would be.

2). You can demand that BRP and/or the dealer buy back the boat in exchange for another one, or they may even offer this as a resolution. This will cost you money because they're not going to just give you a new boat, but it may be one of the best solutions to cut your losses at this point.

3). If you reach an impasse, contact your State's Attorney General's Office Customer Protection Division and inquire what your state consumer rights are in this case. These rights vary considerably from state to state, but many states will hold the dealer and/or BRP accountable in such cases. It's a good idea to contact them right away, so you'll know exactly what your rights are and to see if they can help. Do it today. You state has far more power to demand a resolution than you do alone and you can hold this over your dealer and BRP's heads. You've heard of lemon laws for cars, there are also such rights and laws for other consumer goods depending upon which state you live in.

4). Hire an attorney. This is not an easy route and BRP is betting you won't do it, few people do. But when all else fails, this is your last recourse. Chances are decent than a good attorney can come up with a solution for you if BRP is in clear violation of the terms of the warranty.

5). Sell the boat at a loss. Many people will gladly buy a defective boat if the price is right, especially if the problem is only cosmetic. This is what I ended up doing. I was up-front with the buyer and I lost money, but I was really glad the ordeal was finally over. I did fight long and hard with BRP for over a year, but they were awful to deal with and I would have had to hire an attorney to continue the fight. Perhaps I should have and probably will if ever happens again. The dealer was sympathic however and offered me an incredible deal on a motorcycyle I wanted as partial compensation, but BRP had nothing to do with that.

6). Just live with it. I mention this only because it is an option. Some people can live with it and other's can't. You have to pick your fights in life.

Again, BRP is hoping that you'll just give up and go away. Many people do because of the stress it takes to fight these kinds of things. I hope that you can find a solution that works for you.

+1
    Just had my First phone call with the BRP complaints line...Ö Do they even know what customer service is??

I'm lucky I went through an awesome dealer who is going out of their way to help me.

+1
    Hmmm, am I missing something here? If itís a proven major defect wheather cosmetic or integrity related, why in the hell would a dealer not just replace the ski? Itís not his fault. All he has to do is give it back to BRP and give the customer complete satisfaction. When you purchased the 15k ski it didnít have this problem so why would you have to own a fuck-upíd ski. Thereís no way in hell I would accept nothing less than a new Ski. My 2 cents.

+1
    BRP would have warehouses full of used skis that couldn't be fixed if they gave them to all consumers who demanded them. The only action the company understands is a legal one-it's nothing personal. Unfortunately this is the state of affairs for consumers of any brand of new PWCs.

[QUOTE=pro10is;3058321]
    There are only a few things you can do now:

3). If you reach an impasse, contact your State's Attorney General's Office Customer Protection Division and inquire what your state consumer rights are in this case.

4). Hire an attorney. This is not an easy route and BRP is betting you won't do it, few people do. But when all else fails, this is your last recourse. Chances are decent than a good attorney can come up with a solution for you if BRP is in clear violation of the terms of the warranty.

I totally agree with number three, however in my experience that does also require quite a bit of follow up. Florida has never been quick to respond and it often requires multiple follow-ups to an initial complaint.

#4) I hate class action lawsuits, but that would definitely get their attention and it seems that there are enough people to meet the requirement of a class. Ultimately the attorneys make all the money, however maybe the threat of a class suit would put some seriousness behind the issue for them to respond more aggressively with better resolution. Good news is there is always an ambulance chaser available.

I am not an attorney but I play one on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Norm37 View Post
    Hmmm, am I missing something here? If it’s a proven major defect wheather cosmetic or integrity related, why in the hell would a dealer not just replace the ski? It’s not his fault. All he has to do is give it back to BRP and give the customer complete satisfaction. When you purchased the 15k ski it didn’t have this problem so why would you have to own a fuck-up’d ski. There’s no way in hell I would accept nothing less than a new Ski. My 2 cents.
    Do a search on this forum. What you're missing is that BRP has a long history of trying to get out of warranty repairs which exceed a certain threshold of cost to them. The dealer can't just give a ski back, BRP must first approve a warranty claim.

When customers have an issue where the only true resolution would be a replacement boat (or even a hull), BRP tries to placate the customer with some other resolution, which is usually not in the best interest of the customer. For example, for a structural integrity crack, they'll offer a hull repair. For a cosmetic issue on CM-TEC, they'll have a body shop paint it. Neither of these repairs will most likely last. When the repairs fail, it's then on the customer to deal with it. If you refuse these offers, BRP will often then tell the customer that's all that they are willing to do. Now it's on the customer to prove that BRP is not honoring the legal requirements of the warranty because the customer refused their offer to "repair" the issue. This is an "evil" tactic because BRP knows that the repair will most likely be ineffective and not in the best interest of the customer, who by rights, deserves a new boat or hull. They figure that most customers will not fight this in court. If they do, BRP will have a team of corporate laywers on hand to defend them.

So the customer ends up with a defective boat even though BRP is clearly to blame.
    Last edited by pro10is; 01-30-2020 at 08:30 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information