Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    +1
    Just wondering, I have seen and heard of theses hull failures on this forum and up to know it’s been on the Green colored models. Is it because it’s much harder to see on the black Lava Red ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Norm37 View Post
    Just wondering, I have seen and heard of theses hull failures on this forum and up to know it’s been on the Green colored models. Is it because it’s much harder to see on the black Lava Red ones?
    Ohh no no my brother, the first generation ST3 cracking/hazing affected all color models. Since posting this I have met with other owners similar issues. Even though I wish they would start their own forum thread. I will add the images that i have been emailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadknotz View Post
    pro10is I do value your contribution and input.

You are correct that persons have encountered similar issues with BRP products and have not provided feedback as to the outcome, I will keep the forum informed at every step of the way.

This is the ambiguous/astonishing part of this all, the "alligator cracking" defect recently displayed was never on the craft prior to the repairs to the pump tunnel crack completed by the dealership. The cracking happened while the PWC was in possession of the dealer. During communication with BRP, the dealer took multiple images in order to get them to approved the initial repairs. Having overlooked those images with the dealer, we did not see any indicative of what i present now.

It is my belief that the following could have caused the "alligator cracking" ;
    1) during the water testing of the craft after repairs the cracking occurred. Meaning that the hull composite/material is continuously failing.
    2) The PWC was stored outside during the 6 months of being in the dealers possession, since it has been winter and due to freezing & thawing conditions here in GA, the composite material failed?

i just dont know what to expect and say that contributed to this experience.
    The dealer may indeed have contributed to the problem, especially since they had it for six months. The boat that I had repaired by BRP was held for four months. I knew that they were going to store it outside so I provided them with a fitted cover. When the boat was returned to me the cover was bunched up inside the boat (they couldn't be bothered putting it on), the boat was full of green slime and water, and the seats were permanetly ruined from irremovable stains from having parked the boat under a pine tree. This was a brand new boat with zero hours on it and by the time it was returned to me, it looked old. They also ruined all of the decals by reinstalling them incorrectly. I had to buy and install all new ones. The repair was botched twice and the areas which were repaired immediately began to crack apart and pieces would fall off. When I complained about all of this, they refused to even communicate with me anymore and I was not allowed to open another case.

BRP feels that they're making things right by offering to repair a problem which they caused in the first place, but they don't take into account the fact that such repairs, when done poorly, can turn a new boat into a train wreck as they did with yours and mine. I hope you can work it out with them. They owe you a new boat.

+1
    I'm going through this now. Upper deck on my 2019 RXTX is starting to crack from the fron to about half way down along the bumper strip. It's going to be a pretty big repair job if they are to repair it but i'm pushing for a new ski.
    Either way extremely dissapointed with the BRP product. This has been a lifetime dream to own one of these things and to be honest i dont think i'll do it again!!

Quote Originally Posted by RXTX-RS View Post
    I'm going through this now. Upper deck on my 2019 RXTX is starting to crack from the fron to about half way down along the bumper strip. It's going to be a pretty big repair job if they are to repair it but i'm pushing for a new ski.
    Either way extremely dissapointed with the BRP product. This has been a lifetime dream to own one of these things and to be honest i dont think i'll do it again!!
    Thanks for providing input, i am truly sorry that you are having these issues. May i ask for the color of your ski ? Do you mind posting images of the damage as well.
    I am working with recognized law firm, we do have a bigger plan and will roll this out to the entire community once it is finalized.

+1
    Dreadknotz, good idea. I think if there are that many ppl having issues, no matter what they are, as long as they are structural or mechanical BRP proven issues there should be by law some sort of recourse by law. Spending 15-20k in a New ski is quite a lot of money. Everyone should speak up and post their problems, that way we can ad names , dates, and models , what your problem was for future reference. Just my 2 cents

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadknotz View Post
    Thanks for providing input, i am truly sorry that you are having these issues. May i ask for the color of your ski ? Do you mind posting images of the damage as well.
    I am working with recognized law firm, we do have a bigger plan and will roll this out to the entire community once it is finalized.
    I've got the neon yellow colour. Its hard to see in the pics but I'll post some shortly.

+1
    Some are hard to see but if you enlarge them you will see smaller cracks.
    These go from the nose to about half way down the top deck just above the rubbing strip.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191201_172314.jpeg 
Views:	89 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	457239Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191201_172527.jpeg 
Views:	109 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	457240Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191218_183447.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	457241Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191218_183403.jpeg 
Views:	78 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	457242Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191218_183359.jpeg 
Views:	72 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	457243Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191218_183357.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	457244

It's not just limited to or more prevalent in neon yellow. At first, people thought it was more prevalent in silver and that yellow was not affected. As time goes on it's happening with all the colors.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    It's not just limited to or more prevalent in neon yellow. At first, people thought it was more prevalent in silver and that yellow was not affected. As time goes on it's happening with all the colors.
    Yeh it's pretty disappointing! Mine started cracking after only 10 hours. Only got 13 on it now and now it's currently sitting at the dealers waiting on BRP to do something about it..... not holding my breath though.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information