Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadknotz View Post
    I hear your recommendations, they are all TRUE.
    But, I personally I am just baffled at the fact that the general public should have to QA/QC a product that we payed for.
    BRP has these issues ( Hull Crackin/crazing) that are known for the ST3 but BRP seem not to be able to do what the automotive industry will, and that is do a recall of the unsafe product.
    The hull of the craft is by far the most important item of a boat/PWC. Shouldn't that be considered in the grand scheme of safety here?!!!

I am just a lucky one to have recognized this early. But what if i had my grandchild on the ski in the middle of winter and the ski sank. We would have been exposed to the cold and quite possibly die.

All manufactures have their issues. But issues that cause sinking (Carbon seal, Cracking, etc) , to me are of grave concern for a PWC.
    I couldn't agree with you more. But this is exactly why we need to have our voices heard. Otherwise it's business as usual at BRP.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadknotz View Post
    ... if i had my grandchild on the ski in the middle of winter and the ski sank. We would have been exposed to the cold and quite possibly die...

This is not to take anything away from the problems with the watercraft.

Regarding safety while riding...

It is entirely possible to end up in the water and be unable to reboard, even when the watercraft is functioning normally and is not sinking.

Sometimes things happen suddenly while riding, someone (possibly yourself) may get hurt, and you are in the water. If the situation goes the wrong way, you or others may be in the water for a long time.

This is why it is recommended to dress for the water conditions, not just the sunshine, wind and air temperatures. Rogue waves and surprise dismounts can and do happen, even when riding carefully. The hull can roll over far enough that people simply fall off.

If the water is cold, wear suitable clothing, wet suit, whatever. Dress for falling in, and still being ok. Do not wear clothes that would inhibit swimming or limit your ability to climb back aboard. As an example, cotton jeans can bind against the skin when wet, limiting leg movement.
    Last edited by K447; 10-24-2019 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    This is not to take anything away from the problems with the watercraft.

Regarding safety while riding...

It is entirely possible to end up in the water and be unable to reboard, even when the watercraft is functioning normally and is not sinking.

Sometimes things happen suddenly while riding, someone (possibly yourself) may get hurt, and you are in the water. If the situation goes the wrong way, you or others may be in the water for a long time.

This is why it is recommended to dress for the water conditions, not just the sunshine, wind and air temperatures. Rogue waves and surprise dismounts can and do happen, even when riding carefully. The hull can simply roll over far enough that people simply fall off.

If the water is cold, wear suitable clothing, wet suit, whatever. Dress for falling in, and still being ok. Do not wear clothes that would inhibit swimming or limit your ability to climb back aboard. As an example, cotton jeans can bind against the skin when wet, limiting leg movement.
    Thanks for sharing a valid point. Riding in cold weather requires having proper equipment. That can also be said for the craft as well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information