Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    Do all 2018 driveshafts rust like that in fresh water use? Just asking as my 15 year old one has no rust like that. Are they not stainless anymore?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadknotz View Post
    The ski has always been on a trailer after use, Never sat in water for more that 5 hrs at most.

It has never been in any form of accident or localized blunt force contact.
    Thanks for clarifying that. Sounds like the original dealer handing of the hull before delivery would be the only other possible source of localized hull stress, which would be speculation at this point.

+1

I’m starting to think this crack isn't an isolated incident. This is the 4th ski Ive heard of the pump tunnel cracking. The picture is a friends ski after 20 hours. No form of accident or contact. Was not there upon delivery.2019 st3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C2224007-A74B-4FBB-A0CC-61C565467ABD.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	455381  

I believe that the structural integrity of CM-Tec is not what BRP had hoped it to be. BRP has always been known to be a company that uses their customers to proof test their products at their own risks. For some reason, this works out for them, and we keep buying their products.

Those with these delicate hulls, including me, are stuck with them. We'll have to hope they hold up. If not, there's no way to properly repair them and BRP is not going to do anything other than a cosmetic repair under warranty.

This type of inadequate construction is not limited to BRP, this seems prevalent in the industry as we demand lighter, faster skis and the brands compete to see who's the fastest stock by a second or so. We, as customers, should dial this back and demand better construction over best speed. Longevity is far more important than being a second faster, otherwise, we're going to be owning $17,000 paperweights.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicbrut View Post
    ... This is the 4th ski Ive heard of the pump tunnel cracking.

The picture is a friends ski after 20 hours.

No form of accident or contact. Was not there upon delivery.
    2019 st3
    Totally stock or top speed increased above stock?

What kinds of water and riding style?

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Totally stock or top speed increased above stock?

What kinds of water and riding style?
    Both totally STOCK. Mine and his.
    its a shame how two owners of broken Seadoos are brought together.... ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    Do all 2018 driveshafts rust like that in fresh water use? Just asking as my 15 year old one has no rust like that. Are they not stainless anymore?
    I said the same thing. My ski has never left the state of GA. i am unsure of where all that rust came from.

I am meeting today with a friend i made who also has a broken 2018 GTX Limited. I will take a picture of his driveshaft for comparison.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    I believe that the structural integrity of CM-Tec is not what BRP had hoped it to be. BRP has always been known to be a company that uses their customers to proof test their products at their own risks. For some reason, this works out for them, and we keep buying their products.

Those with these delicate hulls, including me, are stuck with them. We'll have to hope they hold up. If not, there's no way to properly repair them and BRP is not going to do anything other than a cosmetic repair under warranty.

This type of inadequate construction is not limited to BRP, this seems prevalent in the industry as we demand lighter, faster skis and the brands compete to see who's the fastest stock by a second or so. We, as customers, should dial this back and demand better construction over best speed. Longevity is far more important than being a second faster, otherwise, we're going to be owning $17,000 paperweights.
    How do customers dial that back and demand better?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanfunfishing View Post
    How do customers dial that back and demand better?
    - Make it known to your dealer that you're unhappy with the quality of the ski and will only purchase again if the quality improves.
    - Write or email the same to Sea-Doo/BRP.
    - Demand improvements on forums such as this. Manufacturers will rarely admit it, but they do read these forums.

I've already done all three. If many others did too, we might see some improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    - Make it known to your dealer that you're unhappy with the quality of the ski and will only purchase again if the quality improves.
    - Write or email the same to Sea-Doo/BRP.
    - Demand improvements on forums such as this. Manufacturers will rarely admit it, but they do read these forums.

I've already done all three. If many others did too, we might see some improvements.
    I hear your recommendations, they are all TRUE.
    But, I personally I am just baffled at the fact that the general public should have to QA/QC a product that we payed for.
    BRP has these issues ( Hull Crackin/crazing) that are known for the ST3 but BRP seem not to be able to do what the automotive industry will, and that is do a recall of the unsafe product.
    The hull of the craft is by far the most important item of a boat/PWC. Shouldn't that be considered in the grand scheme of safety here?!!!

I am just a lucky one to have recognized this early. But what if i had my grandchild on the ski in the middle of winter and the ski sank. We would have been exposed to the cold and quite possibly die.

All manufactures have their issues. But issues that cause sinking (Carbon seal, Cracking, etc) , to me are of grave concern for a PWC.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information