Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It seems to me that if the reason for the crack is the composite, it will crack again, possibly in another area. Seadoo’s response of only fixing it once is appalling. If it’s under warranty I would think they would exchange your rxt for a new one. I don’t think it’s worth their time to swap the motor to a new hull. If you have full coverage insurance, have an adjuster deem it totaled.

I have been researching which pwc to buy for awhile now. On paper, the RXT 300 suits me perfect, except for the colors. After reading all the issues Seadoo has, I’m looking more towards Yamaha for reliability.

2. +1 by:

+1
    Don't fall for the myth that Yamaha builds a more reliable ski-there are serious quality issues with products from all three brands. The best an owner can do is hope that the repairs are done properly.

I don't see how any repair can restore the structural integrity of a CM-Tec hull once cracked in this manner. Cosmetic repairs are possible, but not structural repairs.

From my experience with BRP, they will offer an ineffective repair as a solution when they know full well the repair is only an attempt to appease the owner for the interim. When the repair fails, they will not offer to repair again. This is what happened to me. Beware.

5. +1 by:

+1
    I won’t even get started on the new seadoos. The hulls are paper thin, quality of these machines went downhill big time.

Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    I don't see how any repair can restore the structural integrity of a CM-Tec hull once cracked in this manner. Cosmetic repairs are possible, but not structural repairs.

From my experience with BRP, they will offer an ineffective repair as a solution when they know full well the repair is only an attempt to appease the owner for the interim. When the repair fails, they will not offer to repair again. This is what happened to me. Beware.
    Do you mind updating me of what happened to you in regards to your ski and damage claim.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadknotz View Post
    Do you mind updating me of what happened to you in regards to your ski and damage claim.

Thanks
    Long story short:

In 2010 I purchased a new Sea-Doo Speedster out of state in VA. With zero hours on it, I discovered it was cracked all over the swim platform. I didn't see the damage until I got it back home after 14 hours of driving because I picked it up at night. The dealer claimed the damage wasn't there when they had it. My local dealer refused to do anything about it because I purchased it out of state.

So I filed a claim with BRP. They made me take the boat to yet another state (NY) to have it fixed because no other dealer would touch it. After a month, I got it back and the repair place totally botched the job. So back it went to be repaired again (at the same place) for another month. This time it looked ok so I accepted it and used the boat. For all this trouble BRP offered me one free oil change.

After a month or so pieces of the repaired area started flaking off. When I complained to BRP, they refused to even answer me. I never heard from them again and I was stuck with the boat which I sold for a large loss.

A miserable experience I will never forget.

9. +1 by:

I was hoping to get more informative responses about the repairs that the manufacturer has recommended.
    I am left to now believe I should never use this craft again... dammit man BRP

It has only been 13 Mnths since purchase
    Last edited by Dreadknotz; 10-21-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadknotz View Post
    I was hoping to get more informative responses about the repairs ...
    I am left to now believe I should never use this craft again...
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    ... How is this hull stored between rides?
    Trailered every time, or on a ‘drive-on’ watercraft dock, or perhaps some sort of dockside hull lift system?
    Can we circle back to why/how the cracking might have begin?

Put another way, has the hull bottom ever experienced a localized/focused lifting force just forward of the ride plate?

+1

Put another way, has the hull bottom ever experienced a localized/focused lifting force just forward of the ride plate?
    Come on K447. I agree with most things you post but I think we all know the problem is inconsistent garbage from Mexico. I could jack my 08 up with a bottle jack & that wouldn't happen. RR

The ski has always been on a trailer after use, Never sat in water for more that 5 hrs at most. It has never been in any form of accident or localized blunt force contact.
    This is just all crazy to me.... Absurdly , I meet with a GTX 300 limited owner at the Dealership and I was sharing my story. We exchanged numbers and went home to encounter 'white discoloration stress rings" around the flush area of his ski. I have asked him to join the GrennHulk forum to share. If he doesn't I will ask him to send images to me and ill share.

This is just crazy whats happening to the 2018 hulls

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information