polaris msx 140 podiag needed

hi guys first of all im newbie on this site but i read here a lot of helpful posts. I just finished my msx 140 and i put new fuel injector i need somebody to send me podiag coz i need to do update for new one. im from poland so its my last hope to get it here. if i done some mistakes im sory for them.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome.

Why did you need to install a new fuel injector? Ficht fuel injectors are usually very reliable.

Is the injector actually brand new, or was it previously used in a different watercraft?

+1
    Welcome to Greenhulk!

PODIAG cannot update injector coefficients without a factory floppy disk. The good news is there is a utility HERE that will accomplish what you seek

(You just need to scan the coefficients from the barcode on the injector, there are phone apps that can do this)
    Last edited by K447; 10-17-2019 at 11:06 PM.

Fuel injector was cracked and fuel was flowing throught it. I bought brand new fuel injector with orginal floppy disc and orginal instruction. it says that when emm it is plugged in podiag, a diskette is inserted and it automatically replaces the old one

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cereza View Post
    ... I bought brand new fuel injector with orginal floppy disc and orginal instruction. it says that when emm it is plugged in podiag, a diskette is inserted and it automatically replaces the old one
    What you need is the correct RS-232 to Ficht adapter cable to connect the Ficht watercraft to your old laptop computer.

You do not need the actual PODIAG software, just the computer.

The catch is that the computer must be able to boot into DOS, the ancient operating system from Microsoft. AND the computer needs a serial port. Polaris dealers would have an old laptop just for this sort of thing.

I have posted elsewhere (see my sigantire link) for how to make your own Ficht cable, with DB-9 serial port connector on one end and either Deutsch or Weatherpack connector on the other end, depending on which 'Diagnostic' connector is in your Ficht wire harness. The Diagnostic connector is a four pin connection, but only has a white/red wire looping through, with all four pins used on just one side of the connector.

You boot into DOS using the floppy disc that came with the service replacement injector, then the disc software directly does the EMM update for the new injector.

Note: The injector floppy software locks itself to the EMM serial number the first time it is used. After that, the disc software cannot be used with any other EMM.

OR you can use the independant method described by HiPeRco, using the version 2 software tool created by GhostInstallations.

Thread Information