+1

Question Lost pc hardware in Hull!

Anyone know if SeaDoo “fixes” a nut or something into the underside of the 2019 Spark/2-up TRixx hull - under the outside of the rearmost 2 holes fastening the top 1/2 to the bottom?

I went through the time consuming process of separating the top 1/2 from the bottom yesterday (thanks again, nmpeter, for the tip on using tape as referenced when mating the two halves back together!)

I’m doing so I notice they use two different types of fastened - the first a long, fine thread machine bolt that actually mates with a washer and nylocking nut and - the second, a shorter, larger diameter coarse thread screw which actually screws into the plastic of the hull itself ...

i also noticed during disassembly of the rear that all the fasteners were the coarse threaded screws - EXCEPT FOR THE 2 rearmost outside which, when I removed them turned out to be the first type (fine thread long machine bolt)

Got the first oil and plugs changed and was putting the rear back together and, when I inserted the long fine thread machine bolt into its hole I heard that ominous sound nobody ever wants to hear - of a small part falling and bouncing around or sliding inside the hull!

I had to stop because it was now dark and today it’s pouring ... :-/

I can only assume SeaDoo tries a “friction fit” or “presses” a nut into the underside of the plastic bottom hull? I’m just trying to get an idea of what it is I should be looking for.

Man, I am not looking forward to this “fishing expedition” ...

Anyone know if this might be the case?

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    There is 2 diff "inserts" 1 has brass nut for the fine thread bolts and 1 that is all plastic for the coarse thread .
    they both just slide into holders ..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inset1.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	455035   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	insert2.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	455036  

+1
    Hey Keyz, thanks man - dang, mine (2019) didn’t have any of the inserts; guess they decided to save some pennies (or the dealer lost em or something) cuz, this is all that I popped out of the hole where it hadn’t come loose (and all I found laying in the bottom of the hill on the side it did come out of) ...

Im pretty darn confident that, had the bolts in mine been in those black pieces in your photos this never would’ve happened. (RRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr!)

Oh well, hopefully this will serve to help some other poor 2019-and-up owner from having to pull the dang top off the bottom half, right after re-installing the top half!!!!

Name:	75E721BB-6FF4-41B4-B4D0-27D9D0ED49EB.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	455046   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	813FD18B-8306-409B-9C90-9A63C7C3E1EB.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	455047   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6347551E-9C0C-4329-9D33-7E06D2BEF137.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	455048  

+1
    My bad. I meant to say I couldn’t find any black inserts - JUST FOR THOSE 2 FINE THREADED Nylock NUTS in the rear ... I’m sure there’s gotta be inserts for the coarse threaded screws.

Which leads me to wonder, IS THERE ANYWHERE TO OBTAIN NEW ONES? - of either but, particularly of the ones for the coarse threaded screws

+1
    Ok The Trixx is what did it...
    But Im still kinda lost ... Is there insert everywhere else???
    Is that glued in? You the first owner?
    Is that 1 of the "foot stand" mounting holes?
    232561200 part number
    I sold my Spark , but I replaced a bunch of my "inserts"

+1
    Although I never saw them, I am assuming there must be "female" inserts (threaded or otherwise) elsewhere, at least where the coarse threaded screws go in …

As far as I can tell, those 2 brass nylock nuts were just "pressed" into place … no evidence of any glue; and, at the very least, if they were "pressed" into any type of outer, black plastic insert, they just fell right out.

And yes, these 2 holes in question are just the outermost each of the two fastener holes in the rear of each foot"step" (goes through 3 layers: the plastic of the foot"step", then the top half of hull and then the bottom half of hull) … all the other fasteners in the rear are those coarse threaded screws .. I'm going to swing by a local hardware later and see if I can find an exact match of the coarse threaded screws, just longer and use those to replace the fine threaded machine bolts, now that there is no way to use a nut to thread them into … they will just have to thread into those 3 layers of material, I guess

Thanks for that part number; obvious it'll be a good idea to buy a couple dozen and have em on hand as metal fasteners into plastic, well, less than ideal ...

+1

Exclamation

PLEASE OBSERVE, AS MENTIONED FURTHER DOWN, THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO 2017 OR NEWER SPARKS!!!

Something is off here, unless this has changed over the years, you have the wrong screws in that position. Only the five screws along the sides should be shoulder screws with self locking brass nuts. All the others should be self tapping. Look at the attached pic from the 2015 shop manual I have, the yellow ones should be shoulder screws and the ones circled in red should be self tapping. Also notice that the torque is actually higher on the self tapping screws, but even those are really low, barely hand tight.

Name:	spark_hull.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	455104  
    Last edited by RXP-SWE; 10-18-2019 at 06:02 PM.

I am just curious, what is "PC hardware"?? Personal Computer hardware?

+1
    Those are the Right Screws for the Trixx , But they should be "housed nut"..
    They(Trixx) swap out the plastic nut and coarse thread for the strength of the self locking nut and fine thread.
    It should still be able to "lock" into an insert "housing tabs".
    I "Think" because on the Trixx with the steps bolted on , they want you to pull the top w/back at same time..
    Or your dealer broke off the tabs .....???????
    P.S. i love how the guy from sweden , has better grammar and punctuation then me. Hahahah
    Foot Rest Pdf attached -- looks messed up as a thumbnail..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fott rest.pdf  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KEYZBUM View Post
    Those are the Right Screws for the Trixx , But they should be "housed nut"..
    They(Trixx) swap out the plastic nut and coarse thread for the strength of the self locking nut and fine thread.
    It should still be able to "lock" into an insert "housing tabs".
    I "Think" because on the Trixx with the steps bolted on , they want you to pull the top w/back at same time..
    Or your dealer broke off the tabs .....???????
    P.S. i love how the guy from sweden , has better grammar and punctuation then me. Hahahah
    Foot Rest Pdf attached -- looks messed up as a thumbnail..
    Thanks, for the info, I had a hunch they might had changed it on later models, from that instruction sheet it seems this applies for 2017 and newer, not only the Trixx. I've never worked on a Trixx, let alone anything newer than 2015, but I have many many hours messing around with those on the other hand.

Regarding the spelling, I always put the extra effort into it since it's not my native language, but I do use spell check

11. +1 by:

Thread Information