+1

HELP-Key attached and nothing!

2019 GTX 230 I was super excited to go out today. I launched my Ski tied it up to the doc and attached my fob and nothing! No lights on the gauge no noises nothing. I figured the battery was dead since it has been sitting for 6 weeks.... took the battery home left the ski on the racks at the Marina and to my surprise the battery had 12.5 volts.... even put it on the charger to verify and the charger ran for a few minutes before saying it agreed the battery was fully charged...

Ran fine 6 weeks ago and now with the key on the post nothing happens... what should I look for? Can the key become “De Programmed”? Anyone else have this happen?

+1
    What happens when you push the start button? With or without the key. Does the gauge light up?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    What happens when you push the start button? With or without the key. Does the gauge light up?

nothing comes on and battery is fully charged. It seems like it doesnt sense the key. What could cause this

+1
    Not to slam you but this is why you always start your machines at home before you go to the ramp just to verify everything is working.
    Ski's sit a lot, yours for 6 weeks, just good piece of mind to know before you leave, pay the ramp fee and then have a machine dead at the dock.
    Also, before you launch, good idea to do a quick start just incase something came loose on the trailer ride.

Now, as its under warranty and you have checked the battery and probably done a visual inspection for anything obvoius, I would just take it to the dealer and have them check it over .

Good luck, let us know whats found.

+1
    Went to pull it out and the dock is flooded so i will have to go back later. But I did put the battery back in and checked all the fuses and tried both keys and nothing.... lame. Gunna take it to the dealer later today when the ramp isn't under water.

+1
    My friends ski 2018 did the same thing - his is stuck on a floating dock after sitting a a long period - waiting to hear what the issue is.

good luck - post what you find.

+1
    Always crank it before you leave the driveway and you will insure a pleasent trip to the lake. A battery at full charge is 12.84 volts. Believe it or not 12.5v is over 50% discharged, but you should still get a weak beep and guages. It might or might not start. General rule of thumb is to use a charger if 12.65v or lower. Try not to let it get that low or you will greatly decrease the battery's life span. Let us know what you learn.

+1
    Starter relay! Anyone else had this problem? Should I order a spare?

Quote Originally Posted by RR697 View Post
    Starter relay! Anyone else had this problem? Should I order a spare?
    No experience on the newer skis However I had the no gauges/good battery on a 2013 after 7 years and it was the battery relay in the fuse box, 10$ part, pretty sure that's what you meant by starter relay.
    If your gauges don't come up that's just the main 12v relay, if it was the starter relay your gauges would come up but it wouldn't crank.
    I don't believe these relays fail often.

+1
    My buddies 2018 RXTX did the same - the 30 amp relay in the fuse box was the culprit. replace it - or remove it - tap it a few times - clean the prongs and try it.

Good luck

Thread Information