Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

+1
    Blaster it not expensive either..... a lot of people do it for transmission parts and Top Fuelers for engine parts. Lets face it a sprag gear that are very common in automatic transmissions they are the weak link in these engines.

PS I cryo treated my stock supercharger shaft after mig welding the gear ( installed at 103 hours**** now 174 hours to date ) and it spins a 19 psi compressor wheel at over 80,000 rpms 10 times the speed of the crankshaft spins with no problems without a blow off valve.

Take Care

C J
    Last edited by cjk6119; 10-17-2019 at 01:07 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    Then if it is the center gear that the sprag clutch rides on then, have the new sprag gear and assembly sent out for cryo treatment. Problem solved

C J
    Do you know of a supplier that stock such parts? If it is in europe it would be better 😁

+1
    Hello dijsil,

These company's will cyro treat the parts that you ship to them like connecting rods of an engine planetary gears, carrier bearings , brake parts. Again it is what parts you have and they provide the service and technology process on the parts given. This is a process usally used by governments for their space and military.

Check on the web in your area under cryogenic treatment of metals....cryogenic hardening

dijsil I hope this was of help to you.
    Take Care
    C J
    Last edited by cjk6119; 10-19-2019 at 03:18 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BLASTER 1 View Post
    Its all those sprags or fingers when it spins they grab the center bearing where you see is all pitted. Both the sprags and inner surface will wear thus it just spins without grabbing or sporadic grabbing.
    now itís just a paper weight
    could it be a result of spraying some lubricant spray into the supercharger?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dijsil View Post
    could it be a result of spraying some lubricant spray into the supercharger?
    No, that should not or won’t have any effect on slipping
    If it’s not the clutch I’ll make you one of my specialty drinks next time your in California

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BLASTER 1 View Post
    No, that should not or won’t have any effect on slipping
    If it’s not the clutch I’ll make you one of my specialty drinks next time your in California
    Only been to San diego, San Francisco 3 years ago. Not sure if its gonna happen again as flight was toooooooooooooo longggggggggggg

Today I went for a ride and didn't slip once however sea was better then last time... fingers crossed

+1
    So my FZR, made it to 126 hours with stock older style clutch, running a C1 wheel making 10-11lvs of boost. zero issues and when you nail it from stop and no more boost... so new style clutch and idle gear installed.

23 hours later... I am having my clutch randomly slip... can let of and stab jt a few times and bam it grabs again....

money would have though the new style clutch being stronger I would get more hours then I did and even on a small boost wheel. Which was the main point of having lower boost... but I guess there is only that part that’s causing the issue..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information