Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

speedster150 215hp stage 3 / Riva 50lb injectors or VT1100 which tune?

Hello,

I'm new here and have a tuning question/issue:

I have Speedster150 215hp with Stage III mods xx2charger. it's dropping rpm 8100 back to 8000 with 42lb at non raising rate 58 and 60 psi, and 48psi or 50 with vacuum connected still similar issue. FiveO 48lb no luck with stock siemens ecu.. too rich don't want to risk too lean

I've read a lot here about 50 or 48lb injectors with rrfpr no tune.

With Maptuner X do I go with the VT110 vs 50lb Riva Injectors and 8350 S3 tune?

Thanks in Advance for your Input!

Alex

+1
    You are likely all over the rev limiter from what you are describing.

You can't run the VT1100 injectors with the old Siemens ECU's.
    The proper injectors for your setup would be the Siemens 60's along with the MaptunerX reflash for those injectors

RIVA Maptuner X Tuning Bundle Pack for Sea Doo Skis

The MaptunerX Bundle delivers instant plug-in horsepower! Quickly and easily load performance tunes into your watercraft, ATV or UTV eliminating the...
    RS110SC-B $1,019.85 $899.95
    12% discount

60 # Siemens Fuel Injectors (set of 3)

BRAND NEW SIEMENS 60LBS/HR FUEL INJECTORS. New generation, Design III fuel injectors All are available in flow-matched sets for easy tuning New 14mm...
    107961 Seadoo $200.70

Thanks For the Info:
    Got Boat two Summers ago with 97hrs

Rebuilt SC with Rivas xx2 Charger
    42lb Injectors
    Got rid of Plastic Silencer on exhaust.. My mechanic has seen them melt.
    Great reliable set up/ fun.

This season took in for service and decided to:

Gen 3 Intercooler
    Riva's out the hull exhaust
    4" Intake from here
    My own catch Can
    RRFPR
    2 Degree pump wedge
    15/21 solas concord

Acceleration is unreal but I def feel it's starving for Gas so tuner and these injectors next.. Never Ends!

+1
    What year is the boat or the Siemens ECU? Riva may not be able to tune a 2007 siemens ECU with 60 injectors. It happened to me..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tiderider View Post
    What year is the boat or the Siemens ECU? Riva may not be able to tune a 2007 siemens ECU with 60 injectors. It happened to me..
    In some rare cases, such as yours, you would need to send your ECU to RIVA so they can read your ECU with their equipment. Once they do that they can make the tune available through the MaptunerX

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexG110 View Post
    Thanks For the Info:
    Got Boat two Summers ago with 97hrs

Rebuilt SC with Rivas xx2 Charger
    42lb Injectors
    Got rid of Plastic Silencer on exhaust.. My mechanic has seen them melt.
    Great reliable set up/ fun.

This season took in for service and decided to:

Gen 3 Intercooler
    Riva's out the hull exhaust
    4" Intake from here
    My own catch Can
    RRFPR
    2 Degree pump wedge
    15/21 solas concord

Acceleration is unreal but I def feel it's starving for Gas so tuner and these injectors next.. Never Ends!
    It is absolutely starving for fuel and running lean with that setup. You would either need a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, or the 60 lb Siemens injectors and MaptunerX tune for those injectors to make it safe. The injectors and MaptunerX tune would be the best way to go about it.

Oh That is with the rrfpr and I tried it both ways.. ugg.. Then tried Bosch 48's either to lean or too rich with stock ecu could not get base rate correct. Tried 110 leaded/90 non ethanor vs 93 as well.

Tiderider: Mine is a 2008. Confirming what Jerry said above I spoke to Riva two weeks ago and they said same thing if it didn't work you have to send your ECU in for a firmware update at n/c to Riva

How did you end up setting yours up to right WOT A/F ratio?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexG110 View Post
    Oh That is with the rrfpr and I tried it both ways.. ugg.. Then tried Bosch 48's either to lean or too rich with stock ecu could not get base rate correct. Tried 110 leaded/90 non ethanor vs 93 as well.

Tiderider: Mine is a 2008. Confirming what Jerry said above I spoke to Riva two weeks ago and they said same thing if it didn't work you have to send your ECU in for a firmware update at n/c to Riva

How did you end up setting yours up to right WOT A/F ratio?
    I was never made aware or was offered to send my ECU to Riva while trying numerous (ALOT OF TRIES) times to have it tuned by their tuner.

I just rebuild the engine and ran it for an hour or so at idle and made 2 short WOT passes at 8500rpms.
    The best Riva tune possible at this moment runs rich at idle, high 11s - low 12s.
    The engine floods when I try to start it when its hot or was hot and off for an hour or 2. It runs rich at WOT 11.5ish at 8500rpms.
    Not sure what to do, I installed a power commander V (CMD) and auto tune with poor results.
    The power commander v has a startup fuel feature which it removes fuel at start up, that seemed to correct the Hot start up flooding issues but runs rough during that first 5 seconds when doing so.
    The auto tune with the power commander V had erratic idling, with some knocking at idle, so I presently removed it from the engine.
    Its winterized at this moment.
    I will probably run it with the present riva tune, rich at idle and at WOT.
    When it floods at hot start up and after 3 start up tries, I flood crank it for 5 seconds and it seems to start up after doing so every time.
    I am not keen about sending my ECU numerous times to get it tuned with a risk of damaging or loosening all those small pins or connections. But if Riva can confirm the ECU firmware by sending it off to them and then be absolutely sure they can tune it, I would do so..
    I will contact Riva and see if its true if they can update the firmware.
    None of their library tunes state a tune for your Seadoo Speedsters..

Last year I called trying to find info on mods finally third time I called I got some answers... Initially the first person said they don't know or work on jet boats.
    I'll get the tech the name of who I spoke who warned me 50/50 to get maptunerX to work porperly I may have to send ecu in at n/c for an update.

He was also suggesting their 50lb injectors which is old technology and from what I've read so far not very popular.

At this point a local road bike shop is going to flow test my 42'd and flow test the 50's I got. But it sounds like the MaptunerX ,60lb Siemens with a 8400rpm Map for the Seimens VDO would be the best tune although you weren't able to find a tune for those..

None of the tunes are going to say speedsters.. they only made them 3yrs but all the parts are the same is more of tuning more airflow to a heavier boat the only other jet boat that comes close to the fun factor was the twin 720 set up as limited twins.. fun fun!

You currently have 60lb injectors with those A/F issues? Tnks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information