Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    I took the water separator apart tonight, which was full of water, and the metal filter screen had a little debris on on it. When I cleaned it off I noticed something inside it. It looks like someone glued the bottom on at some point. And there were glue chunks inside it. I am assuming this is not normal. If you look close, it looks like glue is up around the edge of the bottom metal plate. Are these easy to find on the web or in here?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D9CB7A76-50EF-47E3-BE0B-1C4D44D09C1D.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	455784   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A706257B-A240-43F9-9D85-B4FD93A91FCC.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	455785  
    Last edited by Sage18; 11-04-2019 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Here's the sales brochures for both skis.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15562

There's a ton of info in the "tech" section if you ever have some free time and want to do some reading up.
    Those were great to read through. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    East Coast Watercross. Yes anyone can enter we have a Novice 800 class You need to join the IJSBA it covers your insurance. Please ask any questions as we are all a big race family.
    Lets see if I can get this thing rolling to meet up
    on Watkins Glen. Iím interested for sure.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage18 View Post
    I took the water separator apart tonight ...
    There is a small o-ring inside the top of the separator metal can, and another larger o-ring for the screw on lid. Replace them if the originals are degraded. Since the originals are now twenty years old, I would suggest replacing them.

O-ring size details have been posted via my signature links.

Strainer https://www.mcmaster.com/inline-strainers

My set up and why I installed one. http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...o+785+strainer

Pro 1200 is similar, but totally different.....

Both Pros do around 63 MPH from the factory. They both use the same hull design and are very aggressive. They both achieve similar HP, but go about it completely different.

Pro 785 uses a high strung 785cc engine turning almost 8k RPM with trick parts such as 44mm carbs, exhaust valves, and factory installed triple pipes.

Pro 1200 uses brute force with a 1200cc engine turning almost 7k RPM with a single pipe. Much more simple design, and were domestically made engines. (785 were Japanese Fuji design)

I want to say for some reason, i think the Pro 1200 has problems with the drive shaft? Someone else might be able to touch on that subject as I never had a Pro 1200.

There's a member named Derwood on here who owns both Pros, and might be able to give you a nice comparison of the two.
    Sounds like the pro 1200 wouldnít be much different from my 2001 slx 1200 other than the hull? Either way there is one I am scoping out.. running out of room in my garage. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    There is a small o-ring inside the top of the separator metal can, and another larger o-ring for the screw on lid. Replace them if the originals are degraded. Since the originals are now twenty years old, I would suggest replacing them.

O-ring size details have been posted via my signature links.
    Thanks looking now

+1
    I took the water separator apart tonight, which was full of water, and the metal filter screen had a little debris on on it. When I cleaned it off I noticed something inside it. It looks like someone glued the bottom on at some point. And there were glue chunks inside it. I am assuming this is not normal. If you look close, it looks like glue is up around the edge of the bottom metal plate. Are these easy to find on the web or in here?
    I had the same thing happen to mine. But I didn't notice it until the epoxy broke apart and clogged my carbs.

I ordered replacement stainless steel mesh. I got mine in a sheet from some stoner on ebay. I forget the exact size, I think it was 20 micron. I used JB Weld steel two part epoxy to put it back together, seems like it worked a lot better.

There's a cage that sort of presses into the top and bottom. They are supposed to be glued together. I had that glue fall apart. I replaced it with epoxy. If you are careful you should be able to take it apart without damaging the stainless steel mesh so you can epoxy it back together.

Someone else probably has a better idea than I do. But my own pro is almost 100% stock so when something breaks I do everything I can to restore it to how it was.

They are pretty common though, you can find them in lots of other polaris boats. I had a spare 750 for parts that I took the filter off of, because it sat with no fuel for the last 20 years. Do not run it without that filter, you will regret it. It will make a mess, the second pro I bought the guy removed the fuel water separator and ran without a fuel filter and the crabs were pretty dirty and gummy.

But if you buy a replacement, you will just get another 15+ year old thing with the same old epoxy in it. It wasn't too hard to fix, I think fixing it and using the proper epoxy is the best choice.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds like the pro 1200 wouldn’t be much different from my 2001 slx 1200 other than the hull? Either way there is one I am scoping out.. running out of room in my garage. Lol
    Very similar in engine performance. Obviously the big difference would be the handling. The SLX has a flatter bottom which would make it almost "slide out" in a hard turn. The Pro 1200 should carve a much tighter turn.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    If you ended up buying the pro 1200, I'd suggest getting one of these as a spare.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=283343

If you ended up buying the pro 1200, I'd suggest getting one of these as a spare.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=283343
    I might jump on that. I just picked up a 2000 Pro 1200 for next to nothing. Drove to South Carolina for it. Brought it home yesterday on a double trailer with a 99 seadoo GSX. It’s beat. I’ll put some pics up later. Anyone on here have a seat for a 2000 pro 1200? Will the SLX 1200 seat fit? Looks like it sat in the sun for years and warped it like crazy, both the tongue on the front and latch in the back are broken. It’s not even recoverable. I have all my winter projects in the garage now. Gonna start with the 785.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information