Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

+1
    A new clutch every 20 hours on low boost wheel would suck....

at least the job is not that bad as I have just done it... worst part is that gasket.. will buy rubber next time..

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I made it 40hrs on a low boost wheel and it went out at hour 60 on ET15

+1
    My low boost wheels is even smaller then the real one it’s a C1 wheel so only 10 psi really...

+1
    Also any luck with just replacing the sprag itís self, and not the whole clutch?

now that this 09 has the SVHO clutch I donít need the idler gear and bushing this time so saves some.

but whole clutch is 469, or just the sprag is 200....

+1
    In the past when people replaced just the spray gear , it lasted no where near as long as a complete clutch assembly

I've got this same issue on a 2012 FX SHO, except my supercharger clutch hasn't been replaced. I've actually got a warranty with Yamaha since I bought the ski used at the dealer so I brought it to the dealer last week to have them work it out. Based on my research, I'm assuming it's the supercharger clutch, and replacement will fix it. I will update you on what the ultimate conclusion from the dealer is.

It did this intermittently for about 40 hours of use (including the first hour I used it) since I bought it this year. The super charger clutch will occasionally not engage and WOT only gets me 5500 rpm even if I mash it while on plane. If I go back to idle then mash it, it will engage and stay engaged for the riding session. Sometimes I've got to go to idle and try this two or three times, but eventually I can get it to engage. Recently, after about 30-40 hours, I feel like it fails to engage more frequently and takes four or five tries going to idle to engage.

I was not aware of the supercharger clutch issue, and assumed this was an issue with the engine not being warmed up enough until it began to do this when the engine was warm, as well, so I started to research the problems.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
    @dijsil is having similar issue I think

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...17#post3048617
    Try using it as it is for few runs. Mine was fixed without alone however my engine is stock.

+1
    My 16 SVHO did that one time.. at 21 hours. I'm a little concerned about it.....

+1
    Sprags are common in transmissions. Your hang is called "rolling a sprag". It happens in Lenco racing transmissions. All it takes is for one sprag to stay stuck upright. A good sprag will lock in one direction and release or coast in the other. If one or more sprags gets stuck the bearing is locked together. Sometimes the sprag will release after a while (after cool down), but if it happens you may want to consider replacing it.

Helicopters use spags and they are some of the best. They actually offer a heli sprag in a Lenco big money but worth it.

Robert

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information