Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

+1
    Now that the water temp in the lake is not at 97f degrees 36 c, today when the rain lets up, I am going to reinstall the factory intercooler. I will also disconnect the fuse for the alcohol injection pump and see what it is like.

C J

Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    Now that the water temp in the lake is not at 97f degrees 36 c, today when the rain lets up, I am going to reinstall the factory intercooler. I will also disconnect the fuse for the alcohol injection pump and see what it is like.

C J

cool man let know the results!

+1
    Well…. I reinstalled the intercooler on the ski, and took it for a ride with the lake water temp at 73 f . (23 c )
    I did not feel any differents after the intercooler is back on vs having the intercooler off and having the ski additionally injected with alcohol. Lake water 97 f (47 c )
    So, the injection system moves about the same amount of heat as the stock intercooler does. I still think the injection system ( when the intercooler is removed) has it over the stock intercooler when the lake temps are 97 f . It then able to handle any heat soak the engine may have and is a little harder out of the hole as to other skis that would experience some heat soak and not coming as hard out of the hole.
    I would say the performance is equal, I don`t think it will be when I install a aftermarket intercooler and may not be needing the cooling from the injection system then.
    Based on those findings … Anybody what`s your take on this or opinion ? All are welcomed.
    Take Care
    C J

Last edited by cjk6119; 10-19-2019 at 08:04 AM. Reason: spelling

+1
    Let me know if you are interested in a loaner test unit. Hopefully that will help you get the answers and data you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    Well…. I reinstalled the intercooler on the ski, and took it for a ride with the lake water temp at 73 f . (23 c )
    I did not feel any differents after the intercooler is back on vs having the intercooler off and having the ski additionally injected with alcohol. Lake water 97 f (47 c )
    So, the injection system moves about the same amount of heat as the stock intercooler does. I still think the injection system ( when the intercooler is removed) has it over the stock intercooler when the lake temps are 97 f . It then able to handle any heat soak the engine may have and is a little harder out of the hole as to other skis that would experience some heat soak and not coming as hard out of the hole.
    I would say the performance is equal, I don`t think it will be when I install a aftermarket intercooler and may not be needing the cooling from the injection system then.
    Based on those findings … Anybody what`s your take on this or opinion ? All are welcomed.
    Take Care
    C J

+1
    Well first of all James, thank you for taking of your time to read my posts on Addicted To Meth. It has been a lot of fun gathering this un- scientific information for people of all levels, the different skis performances, their high degree of knowledge, and talent that people here have and share here is very helpful to me and others on this forum.
    Thank you for your offer of a loaner intercooler, that was kind of you. I have no doubt your Intercooler will find a place in the engine compartment of my ski sometime soon. Till then.
    Take Care James
    Thank You
    C J
    Last edited by cjk6119; 10-22-2019 at 03:16 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information