Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

+1
    To Hotbutta

It`s not any faster than other skis but more consistent and harder out of the hole. In humid and high water temps condition other skis falling on their butts in those temps and humidly this ski shines through.
    This setup will out-perform a stock intercooler by not experiencing much heat soak but it will fall short in touring conditions unless you want to keep on filling their one gallon tank from time to time.
    This is not a replacement for good intercooler from Fizzle or Riva. Fizzle or Riva intercoolers will move much more heat then this setup will. What I really would need is a custom tune (timing, timing curve, injector dwell) for the ski to gain any more performance, to challenge anybody in a real world competition. There has to be some performance left on the table from this system that I installed.
    For me now,… it does beats the stock intercooler from Yamaha, till I can afford a Fizzle cooler. It’s doing okay for the price that I paid. Have to keep up on my addication of speed. Love going fast.
    Take Care
    C J

Ps I could get you Hottbuta speed and the rpm if that is what you are looking for? The speedometer on my ski is a dream o meter at best. I don’t have a gps or cell phone.

Because we have a speed limit on the lake, I will need some time to test when the Wildlife Rangers are not on the water. Again is this what you are asking of me " how fast? "

Hotbutta Take Care

C J
    Last edited by cjk6119; 10-06-2019 at 11:48 PM.

Thatís great, I inquired about this last year and the naysayers and nutswingers got all offended and shot it down. E85 would also be killer and allow more timing if you could deal with the increase in fuel consumption

+1
    I feel the engine might have a little more rpm to give so, I think I will add a little more fuel pressure from 54 psi to 56 psi with the 70 percent alcohol that is being injected.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    2018 SVHO Addicted to Meth

No need for after market intercoolers or flushing or dedicated water cooling lines, in fact no intercooler at all on my SVHO. Consistent pulls no matter what the water temp is or air temp is. I gain about 300 rpm when injecting. Just fill up reservoir with blue washer solvent and off we go. Keeps the spark plugs clean and has about 103 octane (no need for racing fuel). I have been running this set up all summer long putting about 65 hours on the clock.
    Take Care
    C J
    What washer fluid do you use? The -20 blue I use in my truck is only 30% and I would like to find a higher meth %.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N' U View Post
    What washer fluid do you use? The -20 blue I use in my truck is only 30% and I would like to find a higher meth %.
    I now use 70 percent alcohol because it cools faster and evaporates at lower temps and it has a lower boiling point then methanol. Water will move more heat though just will not cool as fast. I need a faster effect because I don’t use a intercooler, I am using alcohol for the cooling, and not for an octane booster.
    Have you used rubbing alcohol 70 percent? Does a good job. Try switching from methanol to 70 percent isopropyl but be cautious because it is flammable and you will not see flames if anything catches on fire….alcohol fires are bad news. Any methanol mix over 40 percent is flammable I think. So there is a safety concern with either. Let me know what you decided on.

Take Care Dust N U
    C J

+1
    Reading this with interest, never considered methanol injection before. Now I'm in the process of rebuilding my blown sho engine and inspecting the engine components I look at the intercooler and wonder what would happen if the core split or corroded? I guess the split would let water into induction circuit and eventually into the engine
    not sure how many if any intercoolers fail and what the results have been.
    anyway question is how long does a gallon of methanol last?
    how would a methanol set up compare to a stock intercooler set in terms of reliability?
    cheers paul

+1
    CJ, I think I’ve read twice here that your not using a intercooler at all, straight from charger to the throttle body right? That’s interesting. So how would it run if you were using a cooler

+1
    To Blaster
    This I don’t think would be a replacement for good intercooler like from Fizzle or Riva. Fizzle or Riva intercoolers will move much more heat then this setup will. For any more performance over the factory inttercooler ( that is absent on my ski ) intercooler I really would need is a custom tune to gain any benefits like timing cure and injector timing. Now if you were to go with a compressor wheel over 24 psi 26psi 32psi that could be a different story. I not sure… could be interesting thought.

To Skydivepaul
    And cheers to you Paul… a quick note on the past week I read you post and glade to see you found a engine.
    Well ,…just an hour ago I got off the lake and did about 4 hours of riding today and used about a pint of alcohol during the ride. Paul it just depends on how much you go over 4 pounds of boost because that when it starts injecting. I am injecting 120 cc at a little over a 1000 psi. The kit is about 280.00 us dollars and easy to install.
    Take Care Paul and Blaster
    C J

+1
    Blaster1 Wrote
    CJ, I think I’ve read twice here that your not using a intercooler at all, straight from charger to the throttle body right? That’s interesting. So how would it run if you were using a cooler

To Blaster From C J
    Yes, right from the Supercharger to the throttle body.
    Depends what intercooler factory cooler or after market cooler, the way mine is setup is to remove heat soak , for a Riva or Fizzle after market intercoolers, a methanol system would likely not help because of the lower discharge temps and less heat soak the after market cooler provide. A setup on the ski that’s needing higher octane, it would help. But you could always use racing fuel. That’s what most people do in that case.
    Take Care Blaster 1
    C J

+1
    To Hotbutta,
    In one of your past posts, you asked how fast my ski was. Well today I had a chase to open her up on some really placid lake water this morning and with a barrowed GPS I was doing 75 76 ish and it actually was a little scary. I can`t imagine these guys like Yellowjacket Z'mnypit abracadabra and others 85 plus mph. What I did today was very fast to me. I stopped because I had the shakes after that ride….. My hat off to all of you in the 85 plus club.
    Take Care
    C J

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information