Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

riva stage 2 kit or buy it all separately? 05 rxp 215

I'm getting ready to start a build for the winter and looking for advice from those of you who have already done it. I've been looking at the riva stage 2 kit but also looking at other options. for example, is the fizzle intercooler better than the riva? if so should I just buy one piece at at time? also whats the best supercharger upgrade or swap?

+1
    Hey mate, if you are on Facebook checkout the Seadoo GTR owners group. A lot of good info on the 215 engines

Fizzle is best Imo. As for buying individually or a kit it depends on finances. I would do a x charger because you'll get better performance than the 215 charger and when you get tired of that performance level you can upgrade the x charger

4. +1 by:

+1
    Even before I started selling intercoolers I would always piece a ski together instead of buy the kit, even for my 2005 RXP. I never cared for the sponsons and I always do a 4" kanaflex air intake instead of the 3" "Power Filter"...I had the full OPAS block-offs that cover the whole opening so that the ski doesn't bounce. Some guys don't like the handling of the ski with the pump wedge in place. Just some food for thought while you're putting together your mod list.

riva stage 2 kit or buy it all separately? 05 rxp 215

Quote Originally Posted by 01xp View Post
    Fizzle is best Imo. As for buying individually or a kit it depends on finances. I would do a x charger because you'll get better performance than the 215 charger and when you get tired of that performance level you can upgrade the x charger
    Yeah I was thinking of going with the x charger with the ET137 wheel, 50lb injectors, fizzle ic, riva exhaust; blow off valve, 4Ē intake, an opas delete to start with.

+1
    Piece it together, Riva kit is overpriced. Fizzle cooler over any other cooler on the market. Donít waste your money on blow off valve, does nothing. Riva exhaust, eh maybe. Iíd just install a free flow and call it a day. Put money into taking weight off parts. Flywheel, balance shaft etc. Get a sweet tune from Racelab, donít waste money on a maptuner.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Piece it together imho. However, start with upgrading the valves (and most likely the spring for future use) and take care of the flywheel bolts. That way you’ll have a solid foundation to build on. Also upgrade the carbon seal to the newer setup. Throw a pump strainer on it and then start building. Personally, I went with an X charger, RIVA Gen 3 IC, RIVA rear exhaust, RIVA intake, 42’s and a 15/20 Solas (also have a 15/18 skat I use occasionally) and have been running trouble free. Interestingly enough for me, my single favorite mod was a RIVA/Jettrim seat cover! Also did a worx grate and sponsons along with ODI grips and pro-style opas block offs from forum member ncdoo. Those block offs made the ski ride bunch better through the chop. Huge improvement

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Even before I started selling intercoolers I would always piece a ski together instead of buy the kit, even for my 2005 RXP. I never cared for the sponsons and I always do a 4" kanaflex air intake instead of the 3" "Power Filter"...I had the full OPAS block-offs that cover the whole opening so that the ski doesn't bounce. Some guys don't like the handling of the ski with the pump wedge in place. Just some food for thought while you're putting together your mod list.
    I am pretty close to being content with mine ....I have the 4 inch Kanaflex but have not installed it ...Is it that much better than the 3 inch......I guess you guys are talking about the OPAS block offs that cover the indentation in the hull also...lastly what will the Fizzle IC do for me with my mods?

+1
    The Fizzle F1000 Intercooler will give about 3 MPH on the 215 Sea-Doo and it will eliminate intercooler heat fade

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    I am pretty close to being content with mine ....I have the 4 inch Kanaflex but have not installed it ...Is it that much better than the 3 inch......I guess you guys are talking about the OPAS block offs that cover the indentation in the hull also...lastly what will the Fizzle IC do for me with my mods?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    The Fizzle F1000 Intercooler will give about 3 MPH on the 215 Sea-Doo and it will eliminate intercooler heat fade
    ....Then I think that will be my next and last engine mod..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information