97 SL 1050 Carb upgrade

Picked up a really nice 97 Sl 1050 this summer. Had it out a few times this summer with mixed results. Ran ok first time out then great the second time out. Will be tearing down this winter when i have time so getting parts together for when i have time. Picked up a set of carbs on Ebay for a 99 1050 with accelerator pump. Was surprised to see accelerator pump only on one of the three carbs. Is that how it works? Will be rebuilding all three and changing all the old Tempo gas lines. Probably be pulling the motor and changing crank seals and updating CDI. Compression was good over all three. After riding the 1050 i cant look at my Sl 700! thanks for any input!

+1
    The accel pump is bolted to the front carb but has hoses that feed all three carbs. Blow carb cleaner through the one-way brass fittings at the carbs.

When I did the carbs on my 97 SL1050 I went up a size on all 3 high speed jets. 142-142-138pto.

Thanks casey67. I read your old thread about how much better it was after you changed carbs on yours which made me want to do it. looked like your elevation was in the 500's and im at about 1200 so should be perfect. this boat has been a work in progress but the hull i excellent. Trim motor was seized but managed to soak it and regreased the gear box. works great now. got a fuel sender float from Watcon now that works too. Being a Polaris snowmobile guy my whole life now i have another expensive hobby to love! Thanks to this fourm and the people on it i have learned a lot. Will be looking for another 1050 next summer. took me a while to find the main jet it was on the back of the jet plate. service manual said some are that way.

+1
    I did 99 slx carbs...no rejet, altho it needs bigger mids like my 99 did....not sure if it needs highs as well it runs good and is seeing 60ish with a long ride plate and scoop Grate....but it falls on its face in the mid just like my 99 did. I'm not to sure I'm going to go any further I believe I have a ported 1200 to throw in it with some hotseat goods

Been looking for hot seat goodies for it for a while. i have a race gas billet heads and domes for a twin polaris 700. can get pump gas heads easy around here. ran hot seat on many sleds over years. didnt like to see them go away. when i was at Haydays this year the Speedworxs booth had all the old hot seat catologs going years back even watercraft, fun to flip threw. would like to archive all of them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MNAssman View Post
    Been looking for hot seat goodies for it for a while. i have a race gas billet heads and domes for a twin polaris 700. can get pump gas heads easy around here. ran hot seat on many sleds over years. didnt like to see them go away. when i was at Haydays this year the Speedworxs booth had all the old hot seat catologs going years back even watercraft, fun to flip threw. would like to archive all of them.
    If you know of someone selling hot seat 1200 pump gas domes let me know.....I had my sl1050 put today man I love this..it goes real well with the better carbs.

Thread Information