99 Kawasaki Ultra 150 pisser mod & tiny tach question

Hey guys, new member here. Was hoping somebody could help answer a few questions for me about my 99 Kawasaki Ultra 150...

1. I know everyone recommends installing the triple pisser kit, but I was wondering if you could also re-route the discharge hose from the exhaust stinger to go overboard near the OEM pisser location?

2. I want to install a tiny tach however I'm not what degree setting for the ignition i should set it to??

Not sure if this makes a difference but this is one of the early 99 Ultra 150's with the "hotter" ignition system that uses the #9 spark plugs...

Thanks in advance!!!
    Last edited by mikeylikesit; 09-27-2019 at 09:33 AM. Reason: added additional information

+1
    The stinger just gets discharges right next to the one for the heads so I donít see any reason why you couldnít run it that way

Thatís my thought, but I know that if these skis let water out too fast they can overheat and go into limp mode. So Iím not sure if re-routing this would have that affect....also, does anyone know if I can use any style pissers for the triple pisser mod?? Or are there specific pissers???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeylikesit View Post
    Thatís my thought, but I know that if these skis let water out too fast they can overheat and go into limp mode. So Iím not sure if re-routing this would have that affect....also, does anyone know if I can use any style pissers for the triple pisser mod?? Or are there specific pissers???
    Thatís only for the head fittings, the pissers should be ok as long at theyíre not too small, I think I used some 3/8Ē from ada, but I donít think it matters, in the wintertime I run the hoses straight from the engine to the steering column so it sprays hot water on me to keep warm so it should be fine, as long as you keep the same head fittings it should work out.

+1
    Welcome aboard, Mikey!

I just bought a couple of extra OEM discharge nozzles (there are a couple of pieces to them). I used the original elbow fittings on the heads, and installed a cooling water strainer between the engine and the jet pump.

No point in rerouting stinger dump.

Cylinder 1# has a different size pisser from 2&3, if this your plan you will have to get a pisser from 2 or 3 and install on cylinder 1. If you dont do this hose wont fit. Purpose if the straight fittings is they dont clog like the 90's are known to do. Cant instal any fitting the id has to be correct or youll go into limp mode due to over heat.

Thanks guys, so couldnít I just use the stick head fittings with aftermarket pissers?? And I know thereís no real point in re-routing the stinger discharge but Iíd like to be able to keep an eye on all of the cooling discharges

Also, does anyone know what settings to set a tiny tach to?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeylikesit View Post
    Thanks guys, so couldn’t I just use the stick head fittings with aftermarket pissers??
    I used stock head fittings with stock pissers. The inside diameter of the head fittings is the same, it's the outside that is different. I just used vinyl hose and stuck it on and clamped them and they've worked flawlessly for years.

Thread Information