Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    +1
    there is no way the stock pump can't keep up with a FPR setup

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by samphysicsman View Post
    Fuel pump hasn't been replaced just yet. Reason being, I may just take it to Chris @ Eastside and let him work his magic. I'm slowly uncovering some shady work done to this machine before I had it.

I'll probably go with the AEM 340LPH. I've heard mixed stuff about the Riva one. The RXT is currently wired for a Riva 340... anyone have experience wiring from Riva to AEM? Since I've already got it wired for a Riva 340, I'm afraid of ripping out the Riva wiring kit and putting in the AEM wiring kit... I don't like the idea of too many wiring splices into the factory harness.
    Check the non replaceable fuel filter just under the top of the sending unit. If itís from 2011 as well it could be clogged up. Also not a fan of the oetikier clamps on the fuel lines that come with riva kit...mine leaked even correctly crimped...chased my tail around figuring that out. Use screw type clamps. Stock pump is very capable even for big charger cam setups. Unless your doing something real crazy boost wise you should be fine. Check that inline filter though.

DinoMite - thanks for the info. I'll pull that filter apart and check; I didn't even know there was one in there.

My plan is to get a new fuel pump, loctite on the bolts holding the RRFPR together, and all new oetiker clamps. Might as well, while I'm in there... did you do ALL clamps with the screw-tight ones, or just some? It seems like there are a few that might seal better with an oetiker.

I'm pushing 20psi of boost from the supercharger. I'm gonna do the AEM pump most likely. Only hesitation is ordering the wiring kit because the OEM wiring kit has already been spliced into with the Riva wiring kit.

+1
    DinoMite - thanks for the info. I'll pull that filter apart and check; I didn't even know there was one in there.

My plan is to get a new fuel pump, loctite on the bolts holding the RRFPR together, and all new oetiker clamps. Might as well, while I'm in there... did you do ALL clamps with the screw-tight ones, or just some? It seems like there are a few that might seal better with an oetiker.

I'm pushing 20psi of boost from the supercharger. I'm gonna do the AEM pump most likely. Only hesitation is ordering the wiring kit because the OEM wiring kit has already been spliced into with the Riva wiring kit.
    Oetiker clamps are great if used in the right application. When I bought my riva fuel pump kit it came with oetiker clamps. I think the issue was the rubber on the hose was just to thick and soft so they didnít clamp well. Iíd just use a quality stainless worm gear of the appropriate size. That filter isnít replaceable...but you can just run an in-line automotive one.

Why not just run the riva wiring and relay if you already have it installed? You might want to run new power lines to the pump if yours are old and crusty. Shorter and bigger gauge is always better. You can look at the specs for the pump you select to get an idea.

What are you doing for an ecu?

Another big update: New AEM340 pump is in, injectors were cleaned (professionally), fuel rail was cleaned, all tank lines were inspected, new external fuel filter, internal fuel filter looked okay, new clamps all around, cleaned and loc-tite on the rrfpr, and inspected the connections on the ECU and injectors and wiring relay. All looks good.

Put it all back together, primed to about 40psi, and the rrfpr is leaking from the diaphragm.. BUT - FUEL PRESSURE IS STATIC. It raised to 40ish and held there. Didn't crank it up any higher since it was already leaking. Both Julio @ JP Racing and Chris @ Eastside said it should stay static and not drop after it's primed. Definitely needs a new diaphragm. Riva is out of stock - anyone have any leads on a new diaphragm rebuild kit? I guess Riva will be out of stock for quite some time.

+1
    Another big update: New AEM340 pump is in, injectors were cleaned (professionally), fuel rail was cleaned, all tank lines were inspected, new external fuel filter, internal fuel filter looked okay, new clamps all around, cleaned and loc-tite on the rrfpr, and inspected the connections on the ECU and injectors and wiring relay. All looks good.

Put it all back together, primed to about 40psi, and the rrfpr is leaking from the diaphragm.. BUT - FUEL PRESSURE IS STATIC. It raised to 40ish and held there. Didn't crank it up any higher since it was already leaking. Both Julio @ JP Racing and Chris @ Eastside said it should stay static and not drop after it's primed. Definitely needs a new diaphragm. Riva is out of stock - anyone have any leads on a new diaphragm rebuild kit? I guess Riva will be out of stock for quite some time.
    Reach out to fizzle I think he has , either way you can get a kit on eBay. Post is pic of regulator you have.

+1

Edelbrock has the rebuild kits for the Riva branded RRFPR.

8. +1 by:

Installed Edelbrock diaphragm rebuild kit and the issue is MUCH worse. Kept the adjustment screw relatively loose (keep the pressure low to start, then dial it up bit by bit) and it squirted like a mf. Pulled it apart, diaphragm looks good (not like it was cut from torquing it down or anything), re-installed, same issue. I'm tightening the 4x bolts like 1/16 of a turn at a time across from one another, like a star pattern.

This blows. Is there a torque value or something else? It squirted a lot with the OEM diaphragm and now with the Edelbrock diaphragm its 100x worse. Any ideas are appreciated

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information