Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    RIVA cam is still the largest so ive heard
    Nope Eastside and CRT

+1
    I had an issue with fuel pressure not staying consistent at 58 psi. It would be all over the place. -5 +5 psi. I replaced the fuel pressure regulator and Loctite 243 all bolts holding the diaphragm, added an aeromotive 12345 in line fuel filter with AN fittings. Upgraded the stock fuel pump with an AEM 340LPH and relay. Fuel pressure now holds steady at 58 psi.. I did have an issue a long while back where fuel pressure would drop quite fast when the engine was turned off.. End up being 2 x loose worm clamps on 1 connection right at the fuel tank outlet, 2 x Oetiker clamps fix it back then.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    can you just break the nipple off and run a AN bulkhead fitting?

Sean
    See the attached picture... the nipple is broken off.

I spoke with Julio @ JP Racing... first off, the guy is SUPER helpful. Willing to help, very knowledgeable, and easy to talk to. Considering that the fuel pressure doesn't hold static @ 58psi, he's suggesting that it may be a fuel pump issue. He said none of the machines he does will drop pressure like mine does.

Considering that the nipple is broken off and a fuel pump is "only" $300, I might just bite the bullet...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191008_180443185.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	454868  

Should I just replace all the oetiker clamps while I'm in there? I feel like at some point, a new fuel pump, new fuel pump wiring / relay / fuse, clean injectors, new spark plugs, fresh fuel pressure regulator, clean fuel rail, new fuel filter, and all new clamps would hit most of the potential issues...

If it is the rrfpr, what could be failing and causing it to show fluctuating pressure?

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Oooh got it. I thought you meant at the top of the can where it exits.

Just get a new aftermarket pump: walbro, aem, aeromotive, desno whoever.

Sean

+1
    wow, that's definitely your problem right there! PM Sent, I have a walbro you should be able to use.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by samphysicsman View Post

If it is the rrfpr, what could be failing and causing it to show fluctuating pressure?
    Worn out diaphragm, loose bolts holding the diaphragm in place.. Broken or worn out spring.

I'm starting to wonder if this rough idle, low fuel pressure, and 6k RPM surge issue is one problem - a vacuum leak. I've never messed with the vacuum system on a PWC... only on an '89 IROC-Z. What all is there to check on the 2011 RXT260? All I can find is the one hose attached to the RRFPR.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by samphysicsman View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if this rough idle, low fuel pressure, and 6k RPM surge issue is one problem - a vacuum leak. I've never messed with the vacuum system on a PWC... only on an '89 IROC-Z. What all is there to check on the 2011 RXT260? All I can find is the one hose attached to the RRFPR.
    Has the fuel pump been replaced? Issue still exist?

Fuel pump hasn't been replaced just yet. Reason being, I may just take it to Chris @ Eastside and let him work his magic. I'm slowly uncovering some shady work done to this machine before I had it.

I'll probably go with the AEM 340LPH. I've heard mixed stuff about the Riva one. The RXT is currently wired for a Riva 340... anyone have experience wiring from Riva to AEM? Since I've already got it wired for a Riva 340, I'm afraid of ripping out the Riva wiring kit and putting in the AEM wiring kit... I don't like the idea of too many wiring splices into the factory harness.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information