Unhappy My bad story with bushing ultra 250x

Hello everybody

I buy new crankshaft from Kawasaki dealer but before this. I bought new bushing from the dealer and they choose it for me after I bring my used crankshaft with the crankcase to choose correct size and they ask me to buy brown bushing for main bushing and black bushing for connecting rod.

After, I go to INDUSTRIAL SERVICES workshop they tell me my crankshaft is bend and the con-rod journal was damaged and when I check the diameter its below the limit service and I upload the photo of crankshaft in this forum then I know that there are no use for my used crankshaft.

Finally, I order new crankshaft and the manager of dealer ask me to give him my new bushing to change it because he ask me he don't know if crankshaft with mark or not and when my new crankshaft arrived he open it and he tell me there are no mark on it so, its blue for both main bearing and connecting rod. I assemble the engine crankcase and I see now there are mark but I am not sure if I am right or not.

Can anyone tell me what color I need?

Otherwise I will buy again new bushing

the con-rod with circle J

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1125.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	454127   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1127.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	454128   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1128.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	454129  

Hi.

You need to match the marking of the crankcase with the markings on the crankshaft journals.

There are specific shapes for the crankshaft journal, a different shape for the crankshaft pin. You need to check the manual for the shape you are looking for and then check your crankshaft pins and crankshaft journals.

It looks like your crankcase has no markings.

If any machine work was done on the crankshaft journals, crankshaft pins, or crankcase housings, you will need to measure them and mark the components with the shapes in the manual based on the measurements, and then use the table in the manual to select the bearings.

+1
    Thatís what he is asking. Both the crankshaft and crank case donít have markings requiring a different bearing size (shape). Heís asking someone to look in the manual and confirm the bearing color that is needed for this.

I think he is unsure because he saw a marking on the crankshaft after he assembled it.

Essentially what I am saying, if he sees a marking but it is not the same marking in the same place that he should look for in the manual, then he mustnít worry about it. I also noticed some embossed markings on my crankshaft that I had to try hard to ignore because they did not match the markings in the manual.

Sorry, if you are looking for info from the manual, I canít help. But you really should not be assembling the engine without the manual. You should go online and buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by blakegjones View Post
    I think he is unsure because he saw a marking on the crankshaft after he assembled it.

Essentially what I am saying, if he sees a marking but it is not the same marking in the same place that he should look for in the manual, then he mustn’t worry about it. I also noticed some embossed markings on my crankshaft that I had to try hard to ignore because they did not match the markings in the manual.

Sorry, if you are looking for info from the manual, I can’t help. But you really should not be assembling the engine without the manual. You should go online and buy it.
    No, I have the service manual and I know that if my crankcase have no mark and the crankshaft have mark I should got black bushing as I see from my service manual and if my con rod have mark and crankpin have mark so I should also got black bushing.

but, I just want someone to confirm the bearing color for me from the photo I upload before. <<<<< exact like Pacer say

Thread Information