Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gp1800 supercharger clutch

When changing the clutch out do you have to replace the dampener as well? I'm seeing the clutch sold by itself and then sold with dampener so I'm confused now. I know you need a oil pump gasket as well but is that it? This is on a 2017 gp1800 with 110 hours.

Thank you

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DFW GP1800 View Post
    When changing the clutch out do you have to replace the dampener as well? I'm seeing the clutch sold by itself and then sold with dampener so I'm confused now. I know you need a oil pump gasket as well but is that it? This is on a 2017 gp1800 with 110 hours.

Thank you
    Just clutch for your ski

+1
    just clutch, pump gasket, o rings (4) and banjo washers (4) O ring and washers can be reused but I like to replace them to prevent any kind of leak. plus it never hurts to have spares just incase you drop one,

Okay thanks. One other thing, does that tool that holds the clutch gear in place while you break the bolts loose make the job much easier? Its $100 on pwc parts but looks handy.

+1
    Okay thanks. One other thing, does that tool that holds the clutch gear in place while you break the bolts loose make the job much easier? Its $100 on pwc parts but looks handy.
    That tool is worth it makes replacement much easier. Depending on your location maybe you can borrow one. But remember you will be replacing the clutch again, sometimes sooner than later unfortunately

I went ahead and ordered the tool as well. Figured there will be more clutch changes in my future. Going from riva stage 2 to a larger wheel this winter. Thanks for the help gentlemen.

How hard do you ride, 110 hours and need clutch ? I’m right at 110 but I don’t go WOT in choppy conditions or let pump unload.

Thanks

Well it's probably a combo of things. The ski has had a stage 2 riva setup since almost day 1 of buying it new. I ride pretty hard myself and use to bust 360's until I learned thats not the best on the pump. I have teenagers that ride it as well and actually that's when it went out was with a friend riding it. Think I'm going to start limiting who can ride the gp and make them ride the cc cruiser.

+1
    Clutch change is not bad, just take your time. What wheel you going up too?
    I went ahead and ordered the tool as well. Figured there will be more clutch changes in my future. Going from riva stage 2 to a larger wheel this winter. Thanks for the help gentlemen.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information