Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Flushing system on Yamaha and SeaDoo works on the same principle regardless of configuration, just replacing water with antifreeze/corrosion protection, not that difficult so don't make it sound like it, confident in my approach

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by gourlb1 View Post
    Flushing system on Yamaha and SeaDoo works on the same principle regardless of configuration, just replacing water with antifreeze/corrosion protection, not that difficult so don't make it sound like it, confident in my approach
    Principles only work in Schools and on paper ,, In Real Life, Diff Configurations need diff approaches ..
    Yami,,, east to get all the water out--they designed it that way..Hard to get more antifreeze in the motor than on the ground.
    SD ,, some models have low hanging waterboxes/resonators made of plastic that DO NOT DRAIN. These are the first to crack when cold and melt when run hot..
    As long as you get some antifreeze into a Sd ,there is NO Wrong Way. And now that antifreeze isn't as bad for nature as it was, who cares if you dump half of it on the driveway..
    I live South Of Miami But I Winterize 6-8 skis and boats for the last 18 years in NY for TurkeyDay.
    And Yes I put A/F in SD's only.. .. Attach 1 end of garden hose to ski, bungie the other end of hose to steering , use funnel to put 1/2 gallon of A/F in hose..Have small shop vac (set on blow) attached to where you just poured A/F in ..
    Start ski.. start shop vac. After first blob/rush of A/F comes out exhaust -Shut ski and shop vac off.- Change oil and filter,, pull plugs and put fogging oil in cyl's, reinstall old plugs,, When it gets warm out, start ski and let smoke clear before putting new plugs in.
    Last edited by KEYZBUM; 10-01-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Well good for you!.....I do it the same way my MN dealer who does thousands of winterizations each year, no matter what the brand, I think I'll take the advice of the dealer who will be the only one suporting me if something does freeze and break

Half gallon with a shop vac will not cut it in -40 deg temps....maybe in Miami, no wonder you cannot get the antifreeze to the motor on a Yamaha, hope you are using -100F antifreeze, any water in the system will dilute your half gallon to the point of being useless, yes I use -100F antifreeze because mixed with water in the system I am probably only getting protection down to -60F, don't try to school someone in the North that has winterized boats, water systems, cabins, and all kinds of engines for many years

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Well good for you!.....I do it the same way my MN dealer who does thousands of winterizations each year, no matter what the brand, I think I'll take the advice of the dealer who will be the only one suporting me if something does freeze and break
    Half gallon with a shop vac will not cut it in -40 deg temps....maybe in Miami, no wonder you cannot get the antifreeze to the motor on a Yamaha, hope you are using -100F antifreeze, any water in the system will dilute your half gallon to the point of being useless, yes I use -100F antifreeze because mixed with water in the system I am probably only getting protection down to -60F, don't try to school someone in the North that has winterized boats, water systems, cabins, and all kinds of engines for many years
    I give up. Maybe You and K447 Can See Who Hits Lower temps..
    P.S. I live closer to Cuba than Miami , So I will Check Back in with you on Jan 1st after I get off the Water and see how your Winterazion went..

+1
    I called two dealers today in MN and neither used antifreeze on Yams. Both claiming they have done it this way for years and never had an issue. I have never used it either.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    ... I use -100F antifreeze because mixed with water in the system I am probably only getting protection down to -60F ...
    Can you provide a link to the -100F antifreeze you use?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by KEYZBUM View Post
    ... K447 ... Lower temps...
    January 2019 was quite cold.

Stored in an unheated garage, then our skis were loaded onto the trailer in -25C air temps, with some wind. After shoveling snow off the bunks.

Then drove for two days in seriously cold winter weather.

Machines worked just fine when we got them in the water.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39E3DE17-0299-4FF3-BF62-20DFE1BAC3E2.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	454435   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E29BEE20-2858-44EE-820E-D4D23371D113.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	454433   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8513F63E-C342-42AD-97F9-858BD544A2C0.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	454434   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4D3E6F02-2FB4-48D3-AA81-079F8163F85E.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	454432  

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Can you provide a link to the -100F antifreeze you use?
    Why so the "experts" on this forum can debate that as well, as someone mentioned earlier it's cheap insurance and does NOT hurt anything...too many closed minds on this forum, I'm outta here, got better things to do, just wanted to share learnings but others have a different agenda apparently

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
    I called two dealers today in MN and neither used antifreeze on Yams. Both claiming they have done it this way for years and never had an issue. I have never used it either.
    Ok, then don't use it, I would rather have piece of mind.....I am already doing it on my SeaDoo so it's 5 min more to do my Yamaha

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information