Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stage 2 sho fuel injector advice

I got a quick question, I got ski in shop doing odd and ends stuff, and was thinking about putting on some STI pink 525cc injectors in that I have laying here looking at me, in place of factory green ones. I have a full stage 2, c3 wheel, r3 tune, fizzle, pro comp air intake, exhaust, ribbon delete, vented hull, and all the other small odd and ends that go with a typical stage 2. But I DO NOT HAVE A AFR GAUGE and setup yet, is it too risky to try the pinks without the AFR set up.?? Ski has ran good up until last time I took it out, done all lot of popping and sputtering after sitting for about 3 weeks, after about 15 mins of running it cleared up to normal, came home pulled plugs, they looked kinda dark with a lil bit of rust on #2 and #3. What y'all think?

I have a similar setup. Iam also having an issue. At wot. In your case the sho stock injectors are adequate for low boost application (14 lb) but you should get a fuel press reg. The rust on your plugs is concerning...3 weeks is not very long.. it sounds like you may just need a fresh set of plugs.. i would start there.. was the studdering at idle and take off.... Or was it at peak rpm wide open?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamafzs View Post
    I have a similar setup. Iam also having an issue. At wot. In your case the sho stock injectors are adequate for low boost application (14 lb) but you should get a fuel press reg. The rust on your plugs is concerning...3 weeks is not very long.. it sounds like you may just need a fresh set of plugs.. i would start there.. was the studdering at idle and take off.... Or was it at peak rpm wide open?
    It was at the entire power band from idle all the way to the top, I thought it was bad gas because it seemed to clear up

Few guys i know have upgraded to the svho injectors. Which prob is wise for piece of mind on those long wide open pulls. But i know guys with 60+ hours on the stock greens with low boost wheels. But they are all running fuel regs.. what rpm and speed are you seeing?

Few guys i know have upgraded to the svho injectors. Which prob is wise for piece of mind on those long wide open pulls. But i know guys with 60+ hours on the stock greens with low boost wheels. But they are all running fuel regs.. what rpm and speed are you seeing?
    I was running 8600-8650 or so in low 80s, since the problem I explained I been 8300 at 78, not sure what going on yet, water temp has been really high and was blaming that for loss of speed and rpm but may have been my plugs, it was hot last summer and ran 86-8650 all last summer??

Quote Originally Posted by Jhb View Post
    I was running 8600-8650 or so in low 80s, since the problem I explained I been 8300 at 78, not sure what going on yet, water temp has been really high and was blaming that for loss of speed and rpm but may have been my plugs, it was hot last summer and ran 86-8650 all last summer??
    Put fresh plugs in. Lil bit back. I had thay issue. Inconsistent and only hittin 7800. Put in fresh plugs got full power back. I just installed a et 14lb wheel. Pulled hard as hell for first half hour then started actin up. It will go full power then fall on its face down to 7000rpm. Seems like when it reaches full boost/rpm either the clutch slips. Or my fuel pump is gettin weak and cant support the additional boost of the et wheel...didnt really dive into it yet!

Put fresh plugs in. Lil bit back. I had thay issue. Inconsistent and only hittin 7800. Put in fresh plugs got full power back. I just installed a et 14lb wheel. Pulled hard as hell for first half hour then started actin up. It will go full power then fall on its face down to 7000rpm. Seems like when it reaches full boost/rpm either the clutch slips. Or my fuel pump is gettin weak and cant support the additional boost of the et wheel...didnt really dive into it yet!
    Yea, fresh plugs are already in, sprayed fogging oil in each cylinder, ran on hose for a min or two waiting on a off day now...

Just wondering what I should do about injectors, I personally don't see what it would hurt to try them since they shouldn't be any leaner than the green stockers?? Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were, just want to be safe, o plan on doing regulator and AFR this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhb View Post
    Yea, fresh plugs are already in, sprayed fogging oil in each cylinder, ran on hose for a min or two waiting on a off day now...

Just wondering what I should do about injectors, I personally don't see what it would hurt to try them since they shouldn't be any leaner than the green stockers?? Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were, just want to be safe, o plan on doing regulator and AFR this winter.
    Funny you started this topic.....cause in my head i was planning on picking up a set of pinks and installing an o2 sensor this off season. I will prob do a hi- flow fuel pump as well... good luck with the ski brother. I think iam officially done for the season!!!

Install an o2 sensor and go from there. Personally I wouldnt run a bigger injector without a new tune.

Quote Originally Posted by onefastgp View Post
    Install an o2 sensor and go from there. Personally I wouldnt run a bigger injector without a new tune.
    Would my r3 tune not be sufficient for these 525cc injectors, I think the stocks are 4 something CC's?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information