Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    +1
    What are the thoughts of a supercharger kit running what's basically the factory set up for 310s with some fabrication to make stuff around a bit to make it fit? As far I understood the biggest limiting factor to doing this in stx _15f was engine compartment space.... The current stx 160 having more? Make a supercharger set up for the stx 160 and you got a lighter ski with a faster hull than the ultras?

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kkuzmicki View Post
    What are the thoughts of a supercharger kit running what's basically the factory set up for 310s with some fabrication to make stuff around a bit to make it fit? As far I understood the biggest limiting factor to doing this in stx _15f was engine compartment space.... The current stx 160 having more? Make a supercharger set up for the stx 160 and you got a lighter ski with a faster hull than the ultras?
    The 15f used different cylinders, a different head, different exhaust, different pistons, and different cams. Its a lot of work to convert one motor to another.

That said, without knowing anything about whats actually new, we don't know if that is still the case.

Hell, I just learned today the sxr 1500 uses a plastic intake manifold not the aluminum one like the 15f.

Sean

+1
    That is true.... Although if ends up being possible I hope after market support becomes an option. Does anyone know if new stx-160 hull bottom shape is that of the 15f? I've heard that's its a 'mix' of the ultra and 15f from some where as others have said it's essentially the 15f hull with a changed top deck..... Ultra generally has a greater deadrise more V which makes it great for rough water but with it creates more drag and therefore the dreaded difficulty to increase top speed.... 15f has a shallower profile..... Combined with it being lighter was definitely the better design to gain mph for anyone trying to get the most out of top speed.... Was just wondering if anyone knew where the stx 160 falls?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post

They must have had a shit ton of left over orange 2019 310 se plastic, cause they also carried that over to the 2020 310x and se..
    I personally think the 2020 310X is the best looking PWC on the market for next season.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F3002331-73D5-454F-93F6-BFD9FE9FE181.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	454845  

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kkuzmicki View Post
    It'd be fast as F. But.... You need and Ultra motor vs. 15F/160. A lot of differences - cams, timing, pistons, cylinder heads, etc. You could beef up internals on 160 motor to do it but you would need someone that knows how to tune an ECU.
    I would suggest using kit already made for the SX-R (turbo).

+1
    what was the stock apeeed on 15f what do we think the new speed will hit stock.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    It'd be fast as F. But.... You need and Ultra motor vs. 15F/160. A lot of differences - cams, timing, pistons, cylinder heads, etc. You could beef up internals on 160 motor to do it but you would need someone that knows how to tune an ECU.
    I would suggest using kit already made for the SX-R (turbo).
    The internals are strong enough since the rods and cranks are the same on the 1500s (they used to be anyways) My vortech motor came with stock rods in it and was run at 430hp on it before it bent a valve and came to live in my garage. The pistons in the 15f/160 have too high of a compression ratio and have smaller ring lands so they aren't suitable for boost.

I agree about the tune and boost method thought, cost wise its not worth swapping the parts over to convert a na motor to a 300 or 310. Given the track record of most aftermarket "plug and play" tunes thought, I wouldn't trust them.

Sean

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev273 View Post
    what was the stock apeeed on 15f what do we think the new speed will hit stock.
    Same, as it's still a 15f hull !!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    Same, as it's still a 15f hull !!
    Supposedly its not.

Sean

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    The internals are strong enough since the rods and cranks are the same on the 1500s (they used to be anyways) My vortech motor came with stock rods in it and was run at 430hp on it before it bent a valve and came to live in my garage. The pistons in the 15f/160 have too high of a compression ratio and have smaller ring lands so they aren't suitable for boost.

I agree about the tune and boost method thought, cost wise its not worth swapping the parts over to convert a na motor to a 300 or 310. Given the track record of most aftermarket "plug and play" tunes thought, I wouldn't trust them.

Sean
    If you notice I did not mention rods/crank. Yes same stroke but too high compression. I do not think they use alot of boost on the turbo SX-R except open boats.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information