Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    I just sent my Pump to Glen at Impros , the Wear ring is a Joke , Loose as Hell , has a Cheesy Plastic Lock tab to prevent rotation.
    Its held Concentric with 2 Large Orings. Seems Designed like Yamaha wanted in on the Bullshit design of the Seadoo , so they
    could make money on wear ring replacements. I dont think the wear ring will hold up under big hp or dirty water applications one small stick and it will wipe the plastic tab right off.
    We are going to install a Shrink Fit SS wear ring in mine , so we can fit the new impeller closer to the ring.
    Ill Post Pics of the Completed Pump.
    Last edited by dunnitagain; 01-19-2020 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Forgot something.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dunnitagain View Post
    I just sent my Pump to Glen at Impros , the Wear ring is a Joke , Loose as Hell , has a Cheesy Plastic Lock tab to prevent rotation.
    Its held Concentric with 2 Large Orings. Seems Designed like Yamaha wanted in on the Bullshit design of the Seadoo , so they
    could make money on wear ring replacements. I dont think the wear ring will hold up under big hp or dirty water applications one small stick and it will wipe the plastic tab right off.
    We are going to install a Shrink Fit SS wear ring in mine , so we can fit the new impeller closer to the ring.
    Ill Post Pics of the Completed Pump.
    When the pump is tightened in place against the transom plate the wear ring does not move or rotate.. it's clamped down. Yamaha most certainly knows what they're doing and there is absolutely no need to put in a "shrink fit" stainless wear ring that you will never get out if you ever need to change it.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information