Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Gotta be (obviously from the pictures) some sort of taper from the front (driveshaft/wear ring side is) to where the rear (tail cone/exit nozzle is)..
    To me it looks clear the lip just past the wear ring is still 155, I very well could be wrong and will admit it if so

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pwc4life View Post
    I'm still confused then, because Jerry has recently updated the product description in post #1 of this thread and it still seems to imply that the diameters are different.
    Lol scammed em

Quote Originally Posted by xkon View Post
    Lol scammed em
    Nah man, at worst he got some bad info forwarded to him. He's a middle man and never steered anyone wrong for the last 14yrs or so. Hell even told me many o times to not buy parts bc they wouldn't work. There is something going on with this pump and even if it is just a interchangeable wear ring that's still a benefit to us Yamaha guys and it wont be long before art (et) or solas can machine it to a true 160 through and through (if that's even the case) but end of story jerry ain't bull$#**** just for sales, he dont have to

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mwhc View Post
    Nah man, at worst he got some bad info forwarded to him. He's a middle man and never steered anyone wrong for the last 14yrs or so. Hell even told me many o times to not buy parts bc they wouldn't work. There is something going on with this pump and even if it is just a interchangeable wear ring that's still a benefit to us Yamaha guys and it wont be long before art (et) or solas can machine it to a true 160 through and through (if that's even the case) but end of story jerry ain't bull$#**** just for sales, he dont have to
    It seems information on this pump was just released prematurely for pre-orders on bad information. It seems like a good piece, just not what it was marketed as.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Saum700p View Post
    ... pre-orders ...
    Have some of these actually started shipping to customers?

I would expect that once they become available in the field the actual measurements will be posted.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Pulled the pump on my '18 gp and measured the back side of the pump. 6.3" which is 160mm. Compared the outlet of the pump to the nozzle on my '18 Vxr. Identical. So the 6 vane, 8 vane and the new 2020 pump are all the same on the backside. No difference.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mwhc View Post

Thank you!

Yes guys it looks like I got some bad info from a VERY reputable source. I was told the new pump was 160mm, which it is, but I was also told previous pumps were 155mm with a 160mm wear ring. I am trying to get it cleared up with my info source now, but it sure looks like he was WRONG

So what is the diameter from the yellow line 155mm or 160 mm ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pump.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	457119  

Lake Lion
    +1
    160mm. The same since 2014

So and the transom plate still have the step since the older ones ?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread Information