Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    +1
    I'm also wondering since the impeller will be coming out with the impeller housing, if you will be able to get the pump out without dropping the ride plate? Wishful thinking!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Looks like they incorporated the 160 wear ring into the pump with replaceable wear ring, but the pump/stator section tapers down. Be nice to see pics inside the pump without the impeller installed.
    The SS wear ring looks pretty thick, properly why the the pump is more meaty there. Does not mean that the stator is smaller diameter.

I'm super excited for this, ordering one once i get the FZ running.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TJBrad04 View Post
    To my knowledge all 2020 1.8l models will receive the new style pump. 155mm for HO and 160mm for SVHO ... Maybe Jerry can confirm
    Man, I really hope so !

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacobra View Post
    The SS wear ring looks pretty thick, probably why the the pump is more meaty there. Does not mean that the stator is smaller diameter.
    Agreed.
    And I'm also seeing what is likely a retaining screw of sorts (likely to stabilize the ring in-place), so the meatier housing permits adequate thread tapping for that fastener maybe.

Lake Lion
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post

And I'm also seeing what is likely a retaining screw of sorts (likely to stabilize the ring in-place), so the meatier housing permits adequate thread tapping for that fastener maybe.
    The thickness is to prevent wear ring from bubbling into the prop.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    Knowing the "big news" here is the true 160mm design, but looking at the benefits of this newly one-piece design, along with the replaceable wear ring, which I consider equally big news (given Yamaha has always had a history of ring-blisters forming), do we know yet if the 2020 NA models will have a similar one-piece stator design?
    Yes! the NA models also get a one piece pump that is 155mm

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AM116 View Post
    So I assume to bolt the nozzle back on you just need shorter bolts as the old ones are long and pass through, there are threads in the new pump for the nozzle obviously?

I run my pump in lots of dirty water and on the river it can see some rocks (pump is in my Alumaski) this new pump is aluminum right? Do you think the Riva SS pump housing would be better suited for my needs, i.e. can hold up better?
    The pump kit in the GreenHulk store will come with the 8 bolts (4 bolts for the pump to transom plate and 4 bolts for the venturi to pump)

+1
    To my knowledge all 2020 1.8l models will receive the new style pump. 155mm for HO and 160mm for SVHO ... Maybe Jerry can confirm
    That is correct Brad!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    That is correct Brad!

So, forgive me if the answer to this question is obvious ( to all but me) but,

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN to a VXR / SXR1500 owner who has shied away from supercharged pwc’s in the past, in an effort to keep life as KISS as I can?

(I should note largely due to a lack of mechanical experience or aptitude and I don’t even know where I’d start looking for someone I could trust (or afford?) to rebuild my SC “at 100 hours” etc.

Still trying to sate a thirst for g’s ....

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    (I should note largely due to a lack of mechanical experience or aptitude and I donít even know where Iíd start looking for someone I could trust (or afford?) to rebuild my SC ďat 100 hoursĒ etc.

This thread is about a revised design for the core of the Yamaha jet pump, nothing to do with engine or supercharger.

ĎRebuild at 100 hoursí was a Seadoo supercharger thing. Nothing to do with Yamaha nor jet pumps.

11. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks K; didnít know that about SDís (I coulda sworn I saw a GP owner mention but, swell, I am glad to know itís not an issue with Yamas !

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information