Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 300 valves

+1
    Just chiming in so I can grasp how worried I should be. Springs, retainers and valves will set you back between $700 and $900 for just parts. If yours happens to be one of the unfortunate it would fall under warranty (assuming within the first year and likely based on testimonies of low hour units). Is there any similarities with those with the issues? I haven’t heard any talk of how they were ridden, broken in, newly bought in 2019 or late 2018 or later production 2019. Just curious. Of course we hear about the ones affected 100% of the time, but it does seem odd that all units having the same parts are not experiencing the same issue, so what is the common denominator? I ask because I don’t plan to upgrade my motor.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain View Post
    Just chiming in so I can grasp how worried I should be. Springs, retainers and valves will set you back between $700 and $900 for just parts. If yours happens to be one of the unfortunate it would fall under warranty (assuming within the first year and likely based on testimonies of low hour units). Is there any similarities with those with the issues? I haven’t heard any talk of how they were ridden, broken in, newly bought in 2019 or late 2018 or later production 2019. Just curious. Of course we hear about the ones affected 100% of the time, but it does seem odd that all units having the same parts are not experiencing the same issue, so what is the common denominator? I ask because I don’t plan to upgrade my motor.
    If you dont plan to upgrade just let the warranty take care of everything, buy the 3 year and pray after that, or upgrade the valves only at some point

Quote Originally Posted by rx4pain View Post
    Just chiming in so I can grasp how worried I should be. Springs, retainers and valves will set you back between $700 and $900 for just parts. If yours happens to be one of the unfortunate it would fall under warranty (assuming within the first year and likely based on testimonies of low hour units). Is there any similarities with those with the issues? I havenít heard any talk of how they were ridden, broken in, newly bought in 2019 or late 2018 or later production 2019. Just curious. Of course we hear about the ones affected 100% of the time, but it does seem odd that all units having the same parts are not experiencing the same issue, so what is the common denominator? I ask because I donít plan to upgrade my motor.
    I'm mainly doing mine because I only have a 1 year warranty and I bought the ski with the intent to modify it. I can't rely on the warranty or the factory valves at this point with so many confirmed cases of dropped valves. Also even if warranty covers it, they are only shoving the same valves back into it to create the same problem again. I'd rather pay some change for a built valvetrain than floating like a bobber in the water when the valve finally lets go. Might be next time I ride, or 50 hrs from now, but I refuse to eat the bill for pistons and whatever else gets destroyed when it chews a valve. Ideally, they'll do a recall with a new part number before my rebuild, but with a major part like that, I'm not counting on it. With my goal being 8800-9000rpm eventually, I may as well get this out of the way now.

Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    If you have low hours and no wear you can just throw in the valves, springs retainers yourself. I had Ferrea in my last head but id probly go with supertech all around

I like your style too, finally a customer who is not just complaining and being proactive.
    This is exactly what I was looking for. I didnt see the point at 11 hours having guides and seats redone. I can swap the valves, springs, retainers, and maybe stem seals and call it a day. Probably throw in some ARP head bolts too while im in there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BMist371 View Post
    This is exactly what I was looking for. I didnt see the point at 11 hours having guides and seats redone. I can swap the valves, springs, retainers, and maybe stem seals and call it a day. Probably throw in some ARP head bolts too while im in there.
    good call on the studs, why not since apart. Done forget new head gasket!

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    And rocker arm bolt

8. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I want to do a cam too, but I'm just not to that point yet.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BMist371 View Post
    I want to do a cam too, but I'm just not to that point yet.
    don't touch the cam unless you're ready to datalog and dick with your timing and fueling table. You'd be better off just adding boost and a canned tune meant for the charger you pick

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    don't touch the cam unless you're ready to datalog and dick with your timing and fueling table. You'd be better off just adding boost and a canned tune meant for the charger you pick
    ummmmmm, even then you have to log and check AFR bud

12. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    Famous last words.... my "canned tune" needed 30% more fuel up top and had to pull 20% off bottom.

14. +1 by:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information