Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    don't know off the top of my head. if you put a "T" into the rv valve loop, you can easily add a few ounces of oil for your outings and avoid the entire solenoid deal. you should do nothing as far as restricting the oil supply to the injector pump

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    don't know off the top of my head. if you put a "T" into the rv valve loop, you can easily add a few ounces of oil for your outings and avoid the entire solenoid deal. you should do nothing as far as restricting the oil supply to the injector pump
    So if I understand correctly, I would reroute the oil reservoir feed to the RV crankcase feed line? And just feed that line manually from the upper end of that Loop of line conveniently located somewhere higher up in the Hull of the boat...

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    correct. remove the pair of RV lines from their fitting on the oil tank, plug the rv feed outlet on the bottom of the oil tank, plug the rv valve vent/return at the top of the tank and use a T to connect the lines. run the t hose up to the top of the engine hatch and stick a cork in it. you can use some velcro to hold the line to the oil tank. Since it's best practice to inspect the engine bay before firing the engines you can give the RV oil level a quick look.

Why not just run the blower?, if the fuel is leaking and there is an inch of gas in the bilge, you want to know about it BEFORE you turn on the blower.

fuel tank leaks are not that common, but why take the chance. just takes a couple of minutes to prep the boat before you launch it.

unless the seal has a catastrophic failure, that should get you by without too much agita

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    correct. remove the pair of RV lines from their fitting on the oil tank, plug the rv feed outlet on the bottom of the oil tank, plug the rv valve vent/return at the top of the tank and use a T to connect the lines. run the t hose up to the top of the engine hatch and stick a cork in it. you can use some velcro to hold the line to the oil tank. Since it's best practice to inspect the engine bay before firing the engines you can give the RV oil level a quick look.

Why not just run the blower?, if the fuel is leaking and there is an inch of gas in the bilge, you want to know about it BEFORE you turn on the blower.

fuel tank leaks are not that common, but why take the chance. just takes a couple of minutes to prep the boat before you launch it.

unless the seal has a catastrophic failure, that should get you by without too much agita
    Perfectly clear now...thanks so much!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information