+1

Handlebar audio system

Thinking about trying out an audio system on my seadoo or Kawasaki and stumbled across this: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_236MUD....html?skipvs=T

I hadnít thought to look at motorcycle setups but for my rating style handlebars that should work well. Should fit under my cover too! Any thoughts? I would fill any connections with dialectic grease and make sure to thoroughly clean it after each ride. Battery drain should be minimal as well.

+1
    only works on naked bars. Dielectric doesn't get used with water exposure. You need liquid electrical for that. Use die electric in the engine compartment on sealed connection and on the porcelain part of spark plugs.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    only works on naked bars. Dielectric doesn't get used with water exposure. You need liquid electrical for that. Use die electric in the engine compartment on sealed connection and on the porcelain part of spark plugs.

Thanks for the input. My steering setup is open and could definitely mount this to it. I donít plan on sealing the connections closed, just adding some corrosion resistance on the connections. Any thoughts on how it would work?

+1
    You’ve certainly piqued my interest!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuhpw View Post
    Thanks for the input. My steering setup is open and could definitely mount this to it. I don’t plan on sealing the connections closed, just adding some corrosion resistance on the connections. Any thoughts on how it would work?
    not really. Salt water and the sun would eat it up if you ride salt. Give it a shot and let everyone here know how it goes and how it sounds

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    not really. Salt water and the sun would eat it up if you ride salt. Give it a shot and let everyone here know how it goes and how it sounds

Well thatís kind of a given for everything marine but Iíll try to mitigate that as much as possible with salt away and keeping them covered when not in use. I will be interested to see how well the unit holds up though. I was between this and a full system with amp and either Hull speakers or speaker pods but this system will use much less power and is a simple install with very directed sound.

Thread Information