Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    Does anyone have any top speed numbers on the 170 hp hulls?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieCraigGreenfield View Post
    Wondering if the new 170HP has the 160mm jet pump as well or did they reduce the diameter as in previous scenario with the 1503 lower rated engines being 155mm and higher output being 159mm.
    What is this 160mm pump you speak of ? I know of a 159 and 161.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    There doesn't seem to be as much interest on this garbage as there used to be lol. Im actually pleased so see that the 1.6L ace took over the lineup but extremely disappointed that weight reduction has continuously taken priority over quality. What good is a power plant if the rest of it is made of plastic that will crumble around you? Cm tech and polytechnic need to be thrown in the trash

Short of getting T-boned, the hull seems good for 90+ mph!
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=282674

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    There doesn't seem to be as much interest on this garbage as there used to be lol. Im actually pleased so see that the 1.6L ace took over the lineup but extremely disappointed that weight reduction has continuously taken priority over quality. What good is a power plant if the rest of it is made of plastic that will crumble around you? Cm tech and polytechnic need to be thrown in the trash
    I dunno man, if you dont get t-boned then they hold up just fine, doo cutting corners on the valve supplier is the issue now

Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    What is this 160mm pump you speak of ? I know of a 159 and 161.
    yes you are right 161mm. Does the 170HP have the 161??

+1
    yes you are right 161mm. Does the 170HP have the 161??
    i don't really know that it would make a difference. you can change the wear ring to whatever you want

i don't really know that it would make a difference. you can change the wear ring to whatever you want
    Probably not on the ski but an aftermarket application such a mini jet boat it would be a bit better to have a bigger pump. Thanks for the info. Hopefully the threads and such are all the same. I am sure there will be some suprises once we open one up haha

+1
    Probably not on the ski but an aftermarket application such a mini jet boat it would be a bit better to have a bigger pump. Thanks for the info. Hopefully the threads and such are all the same. I am sure there will be some suprises once we open one up haha
    You do know the pumps are the same right? only difference is the wear ring and impeller size

You do know the pumps are the same right? only difference is the wear ring and impeller size
    Have not had my hands on a 300 yet but i know those pumps are the same as the older 4tecs because several customers installed the 300 pump on the 4tec mounting plate in our boats. We have swapped many 155mm for 159mm wear rings so i know those are the same more or less with a few exceptions. There have been some differences so thats why i was asking if any one knows whats new or the same pump wise in these skis.

+1
    not completely the same...close. the newer pumps have the screws to hold the wear ring in. Also some of the pumps have holes to squirt water on the ride plate...canít remember if itís the txs or pxs..I could look but Iím to lazy. There are also changes in the internal parts over the years.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information