Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

+1
    Maybe 2021 then........

+1
    why is it that they continue to offer speakers on the TX but not PX, we like music too, MFRS!!!

3. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Team Bilford View Post
    So, we have always referred to the hulls as GTI, T3, or ST3 regardless of the model name. Is the "new platform" for the GTI, GTR, and Wake a new hull design or just an upgrade to the polytec 2 of the old GTI hull shape?
    Pretty sure they said the "new platform" was one inch wider than before and also like you said made of the 2nd gen polytec which to me sounds like just 1st gen polytec with some sort of fiberglass backing.

+1
    So GTR 230 gets a bigger motor but same power rating?

I wonder if they switched over to the 300 style charger.

+1
    Great update Jerry, thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Andrew

7. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Team Bilford View Post
    So, we have always referred to the hulls as GTI, T3, or ST3 regardless of the model name. Is the "new platform" for the GTI, GTR, and Wake a new hull design or just an upgrade to the polytec 2 of the old GTI hull shape?
    Hopefully, Jerry Gaddis can confirm this question, but it appears to me that Sea-Doo has incorporated a smaller version of the ST3 hull into more models of their PWC line-up. Unique to this 2020 introduction is the fact these smaller ST3 hulls are the first to be made out of Polytec plastic, Polytec 2 specifically. Up until now, all ST3 hulls have been made out of CM-Tec fiberglass.

If you do a Youtube search on ST3 hulls you will see a video from 2018 where James Heintz, Global Product Manager at Sea-Doo, discusses the design details of the ST3 hull. In this video, James said that the 2nd offset chine accounts for an added inch of width.

My follow-up question for Jerry is, will the higher end 2020 models continue to use CM-Tec or are they making a change? On Sea-Doo.com, if you view the full specs for the RXT-X-300 it lists the Hull Material as Fiberglass, not CM-Tec specifically. Does this mean there might be a CM-Tec 2.0 coming out on the 2020 models? It would be nice if Sea-Doo could also improve the durability, scratch-resistance, and chemical resistance of CM-Tec hulls.
    Last edited by 69RT3X9; 09-12-2019 at 07:56 AM.

+1
    I like the colour of the WAKE model in the pictures. I hope it looks as good in person.

+1
    There doesn't seem to be as much interest on this garbage as there used to be lol. Im actually pleased so see that the 1.6L ace took over the lineup but extremely disappointed that weight reduction has continuously taken priority over quality. What good is a power plant if the rest of it is made of plastic that will crumble around you? Cm tech and polytechnic need to be thrown in the trash

Wondering if the new 170HP has the 160mm jet pump as well or did they reduce the diameter as in previous scenario with the 1503 lower rated engines being 155mm and higher output being 159mm.

Quote Originally Posted by 69RT3X9 View Post
    Hopefully, Jerry Gaddis can confirm this question, but it appears to me that Sea-Doo has incorporated the ST3 hull into more models of their PWC line-up. Unique to this 2020 introduction is the fact these are the first ST3 hulls to be made out of Polytec plastic, Polytec 2 specifically. Up until now, all ST3 hulls have been made out of CM-Tec fiberglass.

If you do a Youtube search on ST3 hulls you will see a video from 2018 where James Heintz, Global Product Manager at Sea-Doo, discusses the design details of the ST3 hull. In this video, James said that the 2nd offset chine accounts for an added inch of width. The video captioning states "2.5cm more beam", which is equal to 0.984 inches, so approximately 1 inch as stated by James.

My follow-up question for Jerry is, will the higher end 2020 models continue to use CM-Tec or are they making a change? On Sea-Doo.com, if you view the full specs for the RXT-X-300 it lists the Hull Material as Fiberglass, not CM-Tec specifically. Does this mean there might be a CM-Tec 2.0 coming out on the 2020 models? It would be nice if Sea-Doo could also improve the durability and scratch-resistance of CM-Tec hulls.
    I'm not sure a fully plastic hull could withstand the stresses of an RXT-X-300 or GTX-300. I would be surprised if I ever saw a Polytec hull on these models.

Sea-Doo lists the hull material as fiberglass on their performance models because CM-Tec is fiberglass, at least its base material. Instead of having a gel coat finish, it has two layers of plastic with an acrylic finish. Sea-Doo doesn't seem to mention CM-Tec specifically much anymore, probably because it doesn't have a great reputation. So they simply state that the hulls are fiberglass, which is true, but leaves out the part about the plastic upper layers.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information